Liberty City Survivor - WIP

I know this is probably a hell of a long shot, and for a first post I know this is rather demanding heh.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, is it possible at all to find your way to Liberty City using the ingame map editor? I'm very curious what with the way you can actually reach Liberty City (well in the PS2 versions with an Action Replay) through San Andreas normally. Does this mean that the LC area is loaded somewhere into the SA area (obviously hidden)?

I was kinda hoping I didn't unleash this idea public but I really want to try my hand at a Liberty City Survivor track. That name is copyrighted by me by the way if it is indeed possible :D

Edited by Guest

I know this is probably a hell of a long shot, and for a first post I know this is rather demanding heh.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, is it possible at all to find your way to Liberty City using the ingame map editor? I'm very curious what with the way you can actually reach Liberty City (well in the PS2 versions with an Action Replay) through San Andreas normally. Does this mean that the LC area is loaded somewhere into the SA area (obviously hidden)?

I was kinda hoping I didn't unleash this idea public but I really want to try my hand at a Liberty City Survivor track. That name is copyrighted by me by the way if it is indeed possible :D

Edited by Guest

Yeah its totally possible to get there without being on the relevant mission, on the PS2 version it requires an action replay and some handy use of the Jetpack heh. I don't know if you can get there on the PC version, I haven't looked into that much myself.

In theory it should be possible to get there in the map editor though correct? If not than surely something can be done with later versions so that LC is accessible in the tool. There's alot of nostalgic potential in that little spit of land there if you ask me :lol:

Yeah its totally possible to get there without being on the relevant mission, on the PS2 version it requires an action replay and some handy use of the Jetpack heh. I don't know if you can get there on the PC version, I haven't looked into that much myself.

In theory it should be possible to get there in the map editor though correct? If not than surely something can be done with later versions so that LC is accessible in the tool. There's alot of nostalgic potential in that little spit of land there if you ask me :lol:

There was a race map that was in liberty city while we did the beta testing, dont know what happened to it, only trouble with it, is that you need to put flooring to most of it (if not all)

Well than there is surely hope :D I understand from what I've read on various articles on the net that the little LC segment mostly isn't clipped, obviously apart from what areas you need to run through. To be fair, I wouldn't be too bothered about having a race along the ground anyway, I just think there would be something great about having a race using the LC area as a backdrop. I'd be happy having road in the air as long as it was going around what you could see of that area.

Hey, it'd put me at home while I'd wait for a GTA3 version of MTA (based off Blue) if there ever was to be one heh. Anyway, I kinda went off subject there.

There was a race map that was in liberty city while we did the beta testing, dont know what happened to it, only trouble with it, is that you need to put flooring to most of it (if not all)

Well than there is surely hope :D I understand from what I've read on various articles on the net that the little LC segment mostly isn't clipped, obviously apart from what areas you need to run through. To be fair, I wouldn't be too bothered about having a race along the ground anyway, I just think there would be something great about having a race using the LC area as a backdrop. I'd be happy having road in the air as long as it was going around what you could see of that area.

Hey, it'd put me at home while I'd wait for a GTA3 version of MTA (based off Blue) if there ever was to be one heh. Anyway, I kinda went off subject there.

Well, I found the video I saw ages ago showing how it's done on the PS2 using the Jetpack method.

http://www.maxbot.com/misc/LibertyCityViaGym.wmv

After a bit of reading up, it seems that the cheat used via the Action Replay disables any height limits in the game. What with some of the maps already seen in MTA-SA, I'd assume that this is also the case here. If you watch through that video, the player marks one place in north/west Los Santos and then flies there from the stadium area. The new location that he enters from the gym is referred to as Black Hell (like Blue Hell in GTA3 when you found yourself falling through areas you shouldn't have been). It seems that this has to be loaded up by the game as a new area.

Since these areas are initially accessed through interiors, thats put a damper on my hopes of being able to reach LC :(

If you were able to play there during the beta tests brophy than I'm not about to give up anytime soon. I don't suppose you know who made that track in question do you?

EDIT: I forgot to mention. The area I pointed out in Los Santos, I did try flying upwards around there for a good few minutes sticking closely to that little patch on the map but with no luck.

Well, I found the video I saw ages ago showing how it's done on the PS2 using the Jetpack method.

http://www.maxbot.com/misc/LibertyCityViaGym.wmv

After a bit of reading up, it seems that the cheat used via the Action Replay disables any height limits in the game. What with some of the maps already seen in MTA-SA, I'd assume that this is also the case here. If you watch through that video, the player marks one place in north/west Los Santos and then flies there from the stadium area. The new location that he enters from the gym is referred to as Black Hell (like Blue Hell in GTA3 when you found yourself falling through areas you shouldn't have been). It seems that this has to be loaded up by the game as a new area.

Since these areas are initially accessed through interiors, thats put a damper on my hopes of being able to reach LC :(

If you were able to play there during the beta tests brophy than I'm not about to give up anytime soon. I don't suppose you know who made that track in question do you?

EDIT: I forgot to mention. The area I pointed out in Los Santos, I did try flying upwards around there for a good few minutes sticking closely to that little patch on the map but with no luck.

Aeron, YOU ROCK!

:D

It took a while for me to work out what I was actually doing after loading those map files into the editor, but when I checked out the objects in the map and looked their locations up on the radar, I found LC easily :D

Thank you so much, this means alot to me :)

Question though, how did you come across these?

Oh, and resque, should've been rescue :)

EDIT: Ok, So I've spent maybe an hour or so looking around, adding tiny pieces of road here and there, seeing whats clipped and what isn't and generally adding more as I go just trying to make some base around the outer skirts of the area. That said, I haven't actually gotten much, but if anyone wants to see a kind of Liberty City based map, please say so and please help me if you would like to, I am by no means an experienced mapper but I would love to learn and taking on something like this just might be a hell of a way for me to get into the whole mapping scene :)

Aeron, YOU ROCK!

:D

It took a while for me to work out what I was actually doing after loading those map files into the editor, but when I checked out the objects in the map and looked their locations up on the radar, I found LC easily :D

Thank you so much, this means alot to me :)

Question though, how did you come across these?

Oh, and resque, should've been rescue :)

EDIT: Ok, So I've spent maybe an hour or so looking around, adding tiny pieces of road here and there, seeing whats clipped and what isn't and generally adding more as I go just trying to make some base around the outer skirts of the area. That said, I haven't actually gotten much, but if anyone wants to see a kind of Liberty City based map, please say so and please help me if you would like to, I am by no means an experienced mapper but I would love to learn and taking on something like this just might be a hell of a way for me to get into the whole mapping scene :)

Might be a fun area for the RC 'planes or the go-kart, although I detest the Go-kart, if it is too small for a road race.

Will make a very nice little DM map when that is released I expect :)

Now the go-kart idea, I like! The LC area is definitely of a good size for a lap based track. And well, when the DM mode is released, Liberty City Survivor just has to be made for it! Natural Selection - has come home!