1v1 Tourny: The Champion - [Final]

Scar

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your advancement to the finals Palster! Although, I've never heard of you =P

I've been watching this topic, you know, seeing this and that, watching the results, etc. Now that the finals are approaching, I noted something interesting here..

"Champion of MTA"

Champion of MTA? My ass.

You have a tourney with limited amount of members, a limited entry area, and a limited ping set. The victor here will no where be close to being the "Champion of MTA," he will instead be the victor of good luck, and have the ability to cope with low ping players in odd fighting arenas. You can earn no such title simply by fighting a certain set of people within a confined area and claim "I'm god." That's like me going, slaughtering a 3 on 1 team that have never played 0.5 until the moment I fought them, and claim I am the best. That's ridiculous and retarded ^_^.

I can't quite grasp this concept. Are all the best players existant only in the UK? Do all the best players have pings lower then a 120? Did all the best players manage to enter?

And on the ping thing, I guess you're under a false impression that laggers have this massive advantage over other players. I'm not going to bother going into details over this, people refuse to believe that is infact possible to beat a lagger with a minimum amount of "skill." Simple fact: You kick laggers, you won't ever learn how to fight them. It was the same topic discussed long ago regarding banning heli-kills, car-kills, etc. Banning them simply leaves you at a disadvantage, you want to be the best? Learn to adapt. Learn how to play instead of narrowing down the playing field, because that only fucks you in the end.

Ahh well, I guess this is what the MTA community has turned into ^_^

In this tourney there is only one kill to set the winner, so it really doesnt mean that your the king if you win this, this is for fun.

The word 'perfect' isnt the right word to describe the MTA Community, but people try their best to entertain with these kind of tourneys, and I respect that, so should you :wink:

In this tourney there is only one kill to set the winner, so it really doesnt mean that your the king if you win this, this is for fun.

The word 'perfect' isnt the right word to describe the MTA Community, but people try their best to entertain with these kind of tourneys, and I respect that, so should you :wink:

what? you're idiotic posts makes no sense.. try to keep yourself away from cool people discussion because you definently doesn't fit there : ).

I agree in most things with you, Prontera. This tourny doesn't really show the champion of MTA. But banning laggers isn't the worst idea. I played a 1v1 with SGB a few months ago in the ulk server (located in the US which gave me a ping around 150) and ask him how many times he managed to hit me : - ). And he probably has the most experience in fighting the laggers..

PS Gongrats Palster.

There is no possible way to determine "the champion of MTA" anyway. Ive seen so many players in my years that believed they were the best of the best just because they could use a stubby, or an m60. Or even the shotgun. There is no convincing them otherwise because if you beat them there is always an excuse ;)

This tourney is just for a bit of fun and a lot of work has gone into it so i dont agree with you trying to shun it saying it means nothing. With the quality of players there are in it then you certainly cannot just rely on luck to play you through every round, although it does play a big part. Just because you havent heard of palster doesnt mean he isnt good. A lot of other players have

At the end of the day it is going to be one of the few tournaments to actually get all the way through without just ending because of inactivity or arguments.

Congratulations on your advancement to the finals Palster! Although, I've never heard of you =P

I've been watching this topic, you know, seeing this and that, watching the results, etc. Now that the finals are approaching, I noted something interesting here..

"Champion of MTA"

Champion of MTA? My ass.

You have a tourney with limited amount of members, a limited entry area, and a limited ping set. The victor here will no where be close to being the "Champion of MTA," he will instead be the victor of good luck, and have the ability to cope with low ping players in odd fighting arenas. You can earn no such title simply by fighting a certain set of people within a confined area and claim "I'm god." That's like me going, slaughtering a 3 on 1 team that have never played 0.5 until the moment I fought them, and claim I am the best. That's ridiculous and retarded ^_^.

I can't quite grasp this concept. Are all the best players existant only in the UK? Do all the best players have pings lower then a 120? Did all the best players manage to enter?

And on the ping thing, I guess you're under a false impression that laggers have this massive advantage over other players. I'm not going to bother going into details over this, people refuse to believe that is infact possible to beat a lagger with a minimum amount of "skill." Simple fact: You kick laggers, you won't ever learn how to fight them. It was the same topic discussed long ago regarding banning heli-kills, car-kills, etc. Banning them simply leaves you at a disadvantage, you want to be the best? Learn to adapt. Learn how to play instead of narrowing down the playing field, because that only :o you in the end.

Ahh well, I guess this is what the MTA community has turned into ^_^

Excuse me?

This is just a name for the tourny because it had no name.

Are u blind are just dumb? i'll say dumb, coming into a topic and blabbing on about shit just to cause a 'net beef'.

Nobody is angry at losing a fight inthis tourny, i've not seen one loss where both players havn't said GG and GL, if this was a tourny competing for the best spot or whatever ur talking about, then I would of allowed 32 players from all over the world.

The reason why we have no laggers in the tourny is obvious, why should we shoot left 3 seconds before they even get there?

Yes, most of us do know how to fight laggers, but none of us want to fight laggers.

Pront, leave the tourny to its last fights and stop trying to cause trouble.

And yeh, there is no way to determine the champion of mta, just like chode said... its just a name I quickly thought up for the last 2 games, seeing as the tourny had no name.

(ek)TommY - who are u? and what is ur business in this thread apart from trying to flame Brulla?

I take it this is one of the first guys friends, again, trying to cause a little 'net beef'.

Take some advice, get out of the thread, this isn't for ur stupid flaming.

The entire reason of my post was to point out Scar's misleading title for those who haven't been paying attention ;). Unlike what you think, I do infact respect the people running them although I have no intention of joining one ;P. My post was simply to point out Scar's misleading title and provide reasons as to why it should be altered ^_^.

I agree in most things with you, Prontera. This tourny doesn't really show the champion of MTA. But banning laggers isn't the worst idea. I played a 1v1 with SGB a few months ago in the ulk server (located in the US which gave me a ping around 150) and ask him how many times he managed to hit me : - ). And he probably has the most experience in fighting the laggers..

PS Gongrats Palster.

I still disagree ;). I've fought Zircon on DI with a 250 ping and was able to hit him with little problems. You are quite a difficult opponent, however, and I wouldn't doubt that he had an extremely difficult time fighting you. It takes a lot of practice, and a lot of guess work, movement, and adaptation to learn how to hit laggers ^_^.

There is no possible way to determine "the champion of MTA" anyway. Ive seen so many players in my years that believed they were the best of the best just because they could use a stubby, or an m60. Or even the shotgun. There is no convincing them otherwise because if you beat them there is always an excuse

My point exactly! ^_^

This tourney is just for a bit of fun and a lot of work has gone into it so i dont agree with you trying to shun it saying it means nothing. With the quality of players there are in it then you certainly cannot just rely on luck to play you through every round, although it does play a big part. Just because you havent heard of palster doesnt mean he isnt good. A lot of other players have

Regarding Palster: I entirely respect his ability to beat the other players in the tourney and reach the finals. I haven't heard of him, that's fact, not sarcasm ;). I wasn't congratulating him sarcastically, sorry to Palster if it came across like that.

As for the tourney, I'm not exactly shunning claiming it's worthless nyeh nyeh. I'm simply in a bit of awe over the title. I've already said what the victor will be (good luck, have the ability to beat low pingers from the UK, especially in odd environments, you would never win without any sort of skill) and I respect their ability to do that.

At the end of the day it is going to be one of the few tournaments to actually get all the way through without just ending because of inactivity or arguments.

1on1 Tourneys are often ones of complaint, and you're right, it looks like it'll get to the end. I'd like to see the final round video myself, just to see what I can get from it ;).

Excuse me?

This is just a name for the tourny because it had no name.

Are u blind are just dumb? i'll say dumb, coming into a topic and blabbing on about :~ just to cause a 'net beef'.

Thanks for calling me dumb because I found the title questionable ^_^.

Nobody is angry at losing a fight inthis tourny, i've not seen one loss where both players havn't said GG and GL, if this was a tourny competing for the best spot or whatever ur talking about, then I would of allowed 32 players from all over the world.

I'm glad that you actually would have, pity it's not ;P! The title however, is still misleading, and is still an outrageous claim ^_^. Then again, I guess it's your tourney and you can call it whatever you want ^_^.

The reason why we have no laggers in the tourny is obvious, why should we shoot left 3 seconds before they even get there?

Yes, most of us do know how to fight laggers, but none of us want to fight laggers.

Heh, shooting laggers is something you should be accustomed too! ^_^. Oh, and they have to shoot three seconds left too, it's entirely fair. As for no one wanting to fight them, not surprising, they exist, a lot of them are damned good too, but they get the kick instead of being used as a teacher ^_^.

Pront, leave the tourny to its last fights and stop trying to cause trouble.

I'd love to see the last fights ^_^. My point wasn't too cause trouble, most people took it rather constructively (no negative comments, no calling me "dumb", etc ^_^), excluding you, but that's ok. It's your tourney, I understand you're close to it =D.

And yeh, there is no way to determine the champion of mta, just like chode said... its just a name I quickly thought up for the last 2 games, seeing as the tourny had no name.

It's still flawed and misleading in my opinion, but the choice isn't up to me, I was just pointing it out ^_^.

Take some advice, get out of the thread, this isn't for ur stupid flaming.

I wasn't trying to flame, just pointing out a common flaw in MTA these days. Then again, take it however you like, stupid or smart ^_^. I should be done here now, waiting for the finals only, unless you'd like to say some other things about my intelligence or the sort =D.

<3 Prontera ^_^.

Tho this tourny looks dead, its still running and the final will be completed within 2 weeks max.

[FMJ]chode is pretty busy at da moment, so playin the semi for him will be a bit much for now, it shouldn't be much more longer tho I think.

stay tuned. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...