after starting MTASA, a gray screen appears, that's all

Guest speeding

Hello all! After I start the MTA San Andreas, I can see the logo, and then the program starts correctly, but after the original intro, a grey screen appears and then nothing will happen. After some time, I exit the program with CTRl+Alt+Delete or with the windows key. I don't know what to do. I reinstalled the MTA San Andreas and the whole San Andreas game several times, but this wasn't helped. I play San Andreas alone, but I would like to play it in multiplayer like others. I haven't got a DVD drive, so I have virtual DVD-ROM.(Daemon Tools). The game only starts with the Hoodlum crack. Can anyone help me?

Hello all! After I start the MTA San Andreas, I can see the logo, and then the program starts correctly, but after the original intro, a grey screen appears and then nothing will happen. After some time, I exit the program with CTRl+Alt+Delete or with the windows key. I don't know what to do. I reinstalled the MTA San Andreas and the whole San Andreas game several times, but this wasn't helped. I play San Andreas alone, but I would like to play it in multiplayer like others. I haven't got a DVD drive, so I have virtual DVD-ROM.(Daemon Tools). The game only starts with the Hoodlum crack. Can anyone help me?

Yes, it is a problem.

The MTA team do not support users who play with illegally obtained versions of the game, obviously they obtained permission from Rockstar Games to create this modification, and they can't be doing with them finding out that they are helping users who illegitimately obtainde the game.

I suggest you go and buy the game like the rest of us, and keep things nice and legal.

Yes, it is a problem.

The MTA team do not support users who play with illegally obtained versions of the game, obviously they obtained permission from Rockstar Games to create this modification, and they can't be doing with them finding out that they are helping users who illegitimately obtainde the game.

I suggest you go and buy the game like the rest of us, and keep things nice and legal.

:( these are bad news. I cant afford the legal game. If I have some money, I will buy a DVD drive first, not expensive games. I will wait until someone create an "MTA Hack" , which allows everyone to play this game online. ( a DVD-burner is more cheaper here than a computer game....)
:( these are bad news. I cant afford the legal game. If I have some money, I will buy a DVD drive first, not expensive games. I will wait until someone create an "MTA Hack" , which allows everyone to play this game online. ( a DVD-burner is more cheaper here than a computer game....)

Buy it 2nd hand, it'll cost ya a lot cheaper then a brand new game.

Buy it 2nd hand, it'll cost ya a lot cheaper then a brand new game.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually tried installin mta at my cousins house to show the greatness of mta but... left a bad impression since after then gtasa video screens, you get a gray screen instead of the gtasa splash screen (shorty after leading to the mta menu). He has a xp media center edition and ATI9200 AGP... dunno whats wrong, maybe the media center. Works fine in sp.

The noticable abnomalities are

A. It takes a moment before the rockstar logo starts spraypainting (startup lag)

B. Where the splash screen should be, you see the black screen suddenly turn a lighter gray shade (which I recall happening when the MTA menu pops up)... though thats all you get

I actually tried installin mta at my cousins house to show the greatness of mta but... left a bad impression since after then gtasa video screens, you get a gray screen instead of the gtasa splash screen (shorty after leading to the mta menu). He has a xp media center edition and ATI9200 AGP... dunno whats wrong, maybe the media center. Works fine in sp.

The noticable abnomalities are

A. It takes a moment before the rockstar logo starts spraypainting (startup lag)

B. Where the splash screen should be, you see the black screen suddenly turn a lighter gray shade (which I recall happening when the MTA menu pops up)... though thats all you get

MY GAME IS LEGAL

and have the EXACT same problem.

i dont know whats wrong with it... i installed 3 times GTA: SA and MTA: SA

and no... no mod game

plz help me, i want to play mta

Hmmm.. ok well this may be a long shot but its up to you if you want to try it.

Download "Driver Cleaner Pro" from http://www.drivercleaner.net and follow their instructions carefully.

It will ensure that you make a clean UN-install of existing drivers, folllowed by a fresh install of the current drivers.

I suggest this simply because you got a wierd issue and gut feeling is it's a graphics problem. Not sure if your mobility chipset plays any part (perhaps the MTA Dev guys shed light or confirm?). Also I have an ATI card and have had the odd wierd problem which this solution has resolved for me.

What can often happen is that when a driver is installed e.g. when you update, Windows File Protection restores some older files over back over it.

Give it a try if you're willing or just pullin' your hair out. :D

So what's the common factor here? Media Center? Speeding can you supply details of your spec, particularly your OS and graphcs driver version? Also confirm DirectX is up to date?

I can play the game with no MTA just GTA

so i dont think that is the problem :wink: