My plane flies itself

Tjerp

Hi there,

My problem: When I'm in a plane and fly around, 7 out of 10 times the plane takes over :(

Detailed: Lets say you fly straight forward, high in the sky. You let go of all controlls and keys. ...and then the plane goes left and right and up and down by itself :? without you toughing anything!

What sux is: When I press for example the button to let the plane go up; the plane will go up eventually but at the same time it wants to go down and to the sides too! And when I try to correct the moves it makes to the sides, it almost always heads straight down and starts to do stuff you don't want it to do :( often impossible to counter :evil:

Funny is: When you manage to get up high and let go of the controlls, the plane flies you around san andreas :roll: it's sorta funny to watch it happen but when it happens too often it sux big time :(

My system specs: I have a 2.8+Ghz Pentium 4 with HTT, Dual Opteron (or something... has 2 prosessors) and a 256MB graphic card (Nvidia), 512MB RAM and an optical mouse. Also i have an Office Keyboard that seems to support only 2 keys being pushed at the same time... when i press 3 keys at the same time doing something, one of them fails. (usually the last pressed one) but i know how to fix that :) (new kb)

Game Version: 1 and the executable is cracked for no dvd. (i got the original dvd but it has the same problems)

My location is Rotterdam, Holland, Europe.

I'm thinking it might be the optical mouse, but I turned off the option to fly with the mouse. (on or off, both times it still happens)

Can anyone help me??

Hi there,

My problem: When I'm in a plane and fly around, 7 out of 10 times the plane takes over :(

Detailed: Lets say you fly straight forward, high in the sky. You let go of all controlls and keys. ...and then the plane goes left and right and up and down by itself :? without you toughing anything!

What sux is: When I press for example the button to let the plane go up; the plane will go up eventually but at the same time it wants to go down and to the sides too! And when I try to correct the moves it makes to the sides, it almost always heads straight down and starts to do stuff you don't want it to do :( often impossible to counter :evil:

Funny is: When you manage to get up high and let go of the controlls, the plane flies you around san andreas :roll: it's sorta funny to watch it happen but when it happens too often it sux big time :(

My system specs: I have a 2.8+Ghz Pentium 4 with HTT, Dual Opteron (or something... has 2 prosessors) and a 256MB graphic card (Nvidia), 512MB RAM and an optical mouse. Also i have an Office Keyboard that seems to support only 2 keys being pushed at the same time... when i press 3 keys at the same time doing something, one of them fails. (usually the last pressed one) but i know how to fix that :) (new kb)

Game Version: 1 and the executable is cracked for no dvd. (i got the original dvd but it has the same problems)

My location is Rotterdam, Holland, Europe.

I'm thinking it might be the optical mouse, but I turned off the option to fly with the mouse. (on or off, both times it still happens)

Can anyone help me??

I know this is a dumb question, but you never know.....

Were youre wings damaged, as they make the plane go slightly crazy and unpredictable.

If you don't know watch the wings, if there are bits on them jiggiling about randomly, its just what i mentioned, not a bug attall.

and yes it is very annoting when your wings are damaged. so dont hit them on things or let them get shot.

If this is not the case *finn steps back to allow the technical people a look*

Were youre wings damaged, as they make the plane go slightly crazy and unpredictable.

If you don't know watch the wings, if there are bits on them jiggiling about randomly, its just what i mentioned, not a bug attall.

and yes it is very annoting when your wings are damaged. so dont hit them on things or let them get shot.

I suggest you try this, bearing in mind that you say it happens close to the ground and without touching anything:

When you plane is not damaged and not on the ground or at the altitude limit AND showing the symptoms you described...

Unplug your PS2 keyboard. I'm assuming it's PS2 because you stated you cant use more than 2 or 3 keys simultaneously.

Does it still happen? If it stops then swap your keyboard for a mid priced USB keyboard, which will also allow more than 2 or 3 keys simultaneously.

lol i thought that

Edit: OK seriously why cant i quote people?

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I had the same issue some days ago. I was flying around and from one moment to another, I had no control over my plane. It was flying by its own.

The problem was my firewall. In the background a Messagebox came up and asked me to allow specific traffic or not. But I have never seen the message because the game was running. The Messagebox has taken the control over my keyboard. As I have left the game I have seen the box.

Hth

MrRemedy

Hello everybody,

I had the same issue some days ago. I was flying around and from one moment to another, I had no control over my plane. It was flying by its own.

The problem was my firewall. In the background a Messagebox came up and asked me to allow specific traffic or not. But I have never seen the message because the game was running. The Messagebox has taken the control over my keyboard. As I have left the game I have seen the box.

Hth

MrRemedy

So the game lost focus because of another application? You can't control anything in the game when this happens, you have to alt-tab your way back into GTA.