Jump to content

onMarkerHit shows the DX Rectangle & Lines only for a second


thund3rbird23

Recommended Posts

I did a simple modal with the guieditor (dxDrawText,dxDrawLine,dxDrawRectangle).

And I want to show that modal when player hit the marker and hide when leaves the marker.

This works, but shows the modal only for a second... how can I keep show the modal as long as the player is in the marker?

local szuretMarker = createMarker(-1003.563659668, -1249.7315673828, 130.26364135742, 'cylinder', 2.0, 255, 0, 0, 150)

function MarkerHit( hitElement, matchingDimension )
    local elementType = getElementType( hitElement )
     triggerClientEvent ( "szuret", getRootElement(), szureteles )
end
addEventHandler( "onMarkerHit", szuretMarker, MarkerHit )

 

Link to post

I would use this:

local marker = createMarker (0, 0, 0, "cylinder", 1.5, 255, 255, 0, 170 )

function playerJoinMarker()
	addEventHandler("onClientRender", getRootElement(), drawMarkerPanel)
end
addEventHandler( "onMarkerHit", marker, playerJoinMarker)

function drawMarkerPanel()
	--YOU CAN DRAW HERE YOUR PANEL, ALSO, ADD A CLOSE BUTTON WHICH REMOVE THE onClientRender EVENT
end

 

Link to post
3 hours ago, AlvarO said:

I would use this:


local marker = createMarker (0, 0, 0, "cylinder", 1.5, 255, 255, 0, 170 )

function playerJoinMarker()
	addEventHandler("onClientRender", getRootElement(), drawMarkerPanel)
end
addEventHandler( "onMarkerHit", marker, playerJoinMarker)

function drawMarkerPanel()
	--YOU CAN DRAW HERE YOUR PANEL, ALSO, ADD A CLOSE BUTTON WHICH REMOVE THE onClientRender EVENT
end

 

@thund3rbird23 You cant do it like this, because your script is serverside.
Add the onClientRender event clientside in the function that get triggered by your event.

Edited by Ceeser
Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

-- Serverside

local szuretMarker = createMarker(-1003.563659668, -1249.7315673828, 130.26364135742, 'cylinder', 2.0, 255, 0, 0, 150)

function MarkerHit( hitElement, matchingDimension )
  if matchingDimension then
    	triggerClientEvent (hitElement, "szuret", hitElement )
    end
end
addEventHandler( "onMarkerHit", szuretMarker, MarkerHit )
addEventHandler( "onMarkerLeave", szuretMarker, MarkerHit)

-- Clientside

addEvent('szuret',true)
addEventHandler('szuret',getRootElement(),
	function()
		if not addEventHandler('onClientRender',getRootElement(),showDX) then
		   addEventHandler('onClientRender',getRootElement(),showDX)
		else
		   removeEventHandler('onClientRender',getRootElement(),showDX)
		end
	end
)

function showDX()
   --dxDrawRectangle() for example
end

function isEventHandlerAdded( sEventName, pElementAttachedTo, func ) -- Useful function
     if type( sEventName ) == 'string' and isElement( pElementAttachedTo ) and type( func ) == 'function' then
          local aAttachedFunctions = getEventHandlers( sEventName, pElementAttachedTo )
          if type( aAttachedFunctions ) == 'table' and #aAttachedFunctions > 0 then
               for i, v in ipairs( aAttachedFunctions ) do
                    if v == func then
        	         return true
        	    end
	       end
	  end
     end
     return false
end

Not tested

Link to post
7 hours ago, Rut said:

-- Serverside


local szuretMarker = createMarker(-1003.563659668, -1249.7315673828, 130.26364135742, 'cylinder', 2.0, 255, 0, 0, 150)

function MarkerHit( hitElement, matchingDimension )
  if matchingDimension then
    	triggerClientEvent (hitElement, "szuret", hitElement )
    end
end
addEventHandler( "onMarkerHit", szuretMarker, MarkerHit )
addEventHandler( "onMarkerLeave", szuretMarker, MarkerHit)

-- Clientside


addEvent('szuret',true)
addEventHandler('szuret',getRootElement(),
	function()
		if not addEventHandler('onClientRender',getRootElement(),showDX) then
		   addEventHandler('onClientRender',getRootElement(),showDX)
		else
		   removeEventHandler('onClientRender',getRootElement(),showDX)
		end
	end
)

function showDX()
   --dxDrawRectangle() for example
end

function isEventHandlerAdded( sEventName, pElementAttachedTo, func ) -- Useful function
     if type( sEventName ) == 'string' and isElement( pElementAttachedTo ) and type( func ) == 'function' then
          local aAttachedFunctions = getEventHandlers( sEventName, pElementAttachedTo )
          if type( aAttachedFunctions ) == 'table' and #aAttachedFunctions > 0 then
               for i, v in ipairs( aAttachedFunctions ) do
                    if v == func then
        	         return true
        	    end
	       end
	  end
     end
     return false
end

Not tested

I would use a variable to toggle when "onClientRender" is active and when it's removed instead of the function "isEventHandlerAdded" which is too much for a simple thing, and it's less performative than using a variable. Also, you forgot to use that function in your code.

Link to post
5 hours ago, DNL291 said:

I would use a variable to toggle when "onClientRender" is active and when it's removed instead of the function "isEventHandlerAdded" which is too much for a simple thing, and it's less performative than using a variable. Also, you forgot to use that function in your code.

Yep, It is not necessary to use the useful function, I only put one option (not the best)

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...