qaisjp

Call for web designers

Hello,

As many of you know we are working on a new community website, and we need your help to design it!

We are looking for a UI developer who:

• can design a website in Photoshop, Sketch, or another prototyping tool
    • HTML/CSS experience is a plus, but not necessary
  • would be open to further working with us to design a new homepage and forum design
  • has an eye for good UX and good accessibility

From you, we need:

• a new community website design that is suitable for the modern web
  • not a redesign of the MTA logo

Since we are an open source project, we all volunteer our time towards developing and moderating Multi Theft Auto. All of our donations go to server costs, therefore we are unable to pay for a designer.

Here's what we can give you:

• a contributor rank on the forums
  • a spot in the credits

We understand that this is a lot of work, so we're primarily interested in working with you continuously over the next several months.

How to apply

Each submission should include:

• links to a redesign of a single MTA page of your choosing
  • this can be any webpage on the MTA network (homepage, community, forum, nightly)
  • an image or a sketch is enough (no HTML required!)

For bonus points (optional), you can include:

• a couple sentences explaining your background/interest
    • this can be anything relating to your activity in MTA or stuff you do in your spare time
  • examples / a portfolio of your previous work (links are great!)

If you are interested in working with us, please respond to this topic by the end of September with the above info & suitable links.

If you have any questions, feel free to respond to this topic or contact us on Discord.

After all the designs have been submitted we'll contact the author of the best submission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.

I'm not a web designer, how can I help?

At the moment we are NOT currently looking for other contributors. Feel free to give feedback and vote on submissions. Please be considerate when using the quote feature (do not include large images in quotes).

Thank you!

• Like 6

I am a Photoshop Editor and I am interested in this work but I don't want to upload images publicly.

Made one, just a demo (Imgur), It's made with a web designing software that makes it exportable as a .sketch file that contains CSS & XAML files to be used later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sami_~> said:

I am a Photoshop Editor and I am interested in this work but I don't want to upload images publicly.

If you do not want to post your previous work here, that is totally understandable! Feel free to send me a forum or Discord PM with that content.

However, we strongly encourage you to post your redesign submission here, so that others have the opportunity to give feedback and vote on your submission. We'll still accept a private submission if you don't want to post it here, though :) 

We'll look over all the submissions at the start of October, so you change your submission as much as you like.

• Like 1

I Strongly like the current MTA Homepage

I Choose to remake community:

Spoiler

h6BD7aK.png

I ever liked MTA SA and started learning to code Lua last months, Been doing design by a time

I know HTML, CSS but i dont have much experience, and JS. , Somehow i never created an

portifolio But you can check my YT Channel and its my second time working on a website front end.

Edited by ElTacoBanido
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I redid the homepage with a more modern and flat design, i remove all the messages that I find "useless" and left only the main one.

I tried to make the page as good as possible but with the completely redone design.

Spoiler

cBP190S.png

• When I saved it, I noticed that the size was a bit disproportionate in some parts, but nothing that a basic edit would solve.

• I have average knowledge of: HTML / CSS / PHP and (very low JS)

Image created in: Photoshop

Spoiler

PczWTgP.jpg

Done some simple changes

Edited by Sami_~>

I'm not Designer, just made it (for fun) in fast I can. It's random image as background, can change in any time.

Spoiler

GZS2kj7.png

Edited by Matoosh
  • Like 3

Hey, i reworked mta community webpage. I apologize in advance for my bad english ❤️

Russia power!

Spoiler

BEZ-IMENI-19eb7feaffc1e6512.pngBEZ-IMENI-2de57579f67110b9b.png

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Hello,

I am Brazilian nicknamed Guto, I have no knowledge in English 

Redesigned the main layout of mta using the Photoshop tool

I have knowledge in HTML5 and CSS3

The layout has been redesigned in a simple and clean, modern way bringing more harmony to the contained elements, maintaining the elements hierarchy and the USABILITY. 😎

m6JROas.png

*Just add a logo!

Edited by Guto

hi my name is mustafa im a web disniger my english is bad but i made a lot of website and desings for a lot of compny i will love to help