Password Server Error ?

RekZ

Question

12 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
On 01/09/2019 at 19:41, RekZ said:

Thats how some players see the server, i change the server name too. i dont known what i can do now :L im loosing players every day.

4j7dQZF.jpg

This is a little different from what you said initially (that it appeared to be password-locked), but points in the direction of server networking/firewall issues, as long you're sure many players are affected by this.

1) what happens if they connect anyways, by just doubleclicking it despite being greyed out (like in your picture)?

2) did you change anything to (the configuration of) your dedicated server around the time it started happening?

Right now, it appears all of your ports are closed (https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/ports/?d=158.69.122.197&g=2001&h=2001&button=Submit&nodef=1&a=1&mslist=1) - I  thought your server was 24/7 hosted, so this may point towards a big problem.

2 minutes ago, Dutchman101 said:

This is a little different from what you said initially (that it appeared to be password-locked), but points in the direction of server networking/firewall issues, as long you're sure many players are affected by this.

1) what happens if they connect anyways, by just doubleclicking it despite being greyed out (like in your picture)?

2) did you change anything to (the configuration of) your dedicated server around the time it started happening?

Right now, it appears all of your ports are closed (https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/ports/?d=158.69.122.197&g=2001&h=2001&button=Submit&nodef=1&a=1&mslist=1) - I  thought your server was 24/7 hosted, so this may point towards a big problem.

I'm formatting the server right now that's why the ports are closed , since the error occurred I didnt edit any configuration, and according to that user who sent me the photo, when he tries to connect he receives the error message informing that the server is off.

i my server is a dedicate server in OVH and I have 2 others that work correctly and others games that use others ports, the only thing I can tell you (I Think) this error occurred after the top position was finalized.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
3 hours ago, RekZ said:

I'm formatting the server right now

If the reason was misconfiguration, then this could actually work and skip any troubleshooting. So, please keep us in the loop about the results.

@ccw can have a second look about the toplist aspect you mentioned, although I doubt it's relevant..

• Thanks 1
On 04/09/2019 at 08:19, Dutchman101 said:

If the reason was misconfiguration, then this could actually work and skip any troubleshooting. So, please keep us in the loop about the results.

@ccw can have a second look about the toplist aspect you mentioned, although I doubt it's relevant..

I have some new information, the error persists, but I have been able to observe the players who try to connect with that error, they give an error in the console with the message "Client version is below minimum"

• MTA Team

Thanks. Regarding 'Client version is below minimum' warnings:
<minclientversion> was set too high, but you fixed that on 2019-09-01. It is currently set to "1.5.6-9.18706.0", which is correct.
The number of 'Client version is below minimum' warnings you are getting now is to be expected and not related to any connection problems