Clothes for non cj skins (I have an idea, need help)

kasya85

Hello everyone! 

I have idea to create a cool system of customization  non-cj skins, but I need some help. The idea is I want to create skin (via 3ds max) with a lot of clothes variants (shirts,  pants, shoes and etc) and by scripting make visible only one (suppose shirt), but the rest of variants will be not visible so the playes would be able to set their own skin variant as they wish. But my skills in shaders very poor and I don't know how to hide or show specific ped part. Which shader I have to use? So I hope you will help me guys.

There is system I think made same way (there is the demonstation video):

• Administrators

I think you could apply a simple zero opacity shader onto the clothes that your character isn't supposed to wear, this allows you to scroll between clothes and hide the rest with the shader. But this may be very resources demanding if the model contains a lot of polygons for the entirety of it. I would definitely try this one to start off with.

2 hours ago, Tut said:

I think you could apply a simple zero opacity shader onto the clothes that your character isn't supposed to wear, this allows you to scroll between clothes and hide the rest with the shader. But this may be very resources demanding if the model contains a lot of polygons for the entirety of it. I would definitely try this one to start off with.

This may work. But I don't know how to make part of a ped to be invisible. I tried to make the texture invisible, but this is just a texture, the model is not hiding. 

Edited by kasya85