run-time error '10054': the connection is reset by ...

the connection is rest by remote side, i don't know what this could mean, but the only thing i know is that i can't play no more ... :(

i start GTA3MTA - press alt+tab

- enter my nick

- and when i press connect to server i get this error :(

i hope u can help me ...

YES I GET THAT ERROR TO!!!!!!! i dont see a solution for it on here.......................

runtimeerror.jpg

i open mta.exe

type in 195.222.13.11 under server ip

and enter my nick

then i click CONNECT TO SERVER ,and i get that error :(

i use windows XP i reinstalled gta3 and mta, with the NEW .EXE, i have gta3 v1.1 too.....

hmm look i found this:

run-time error occurs when you use network communications on a Windows 2000-based computer with a Winsock Control that uses User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and the Protocol property of the control is set as sckUDPProtocol.

If a SendData request is sent to a RemoteHost that is not listening on the RemotePort, the DataArrival event fires and indicates that 1 byte of data is available. When you call the GetData method to retrieve that data, the following Microsoft Visual Basic run-time error occurs:

'10054' - "The connection is reset by remote side".

Normally, you can capture the error by using the Error event of the Winsock Control. However, even when the Error event is present for the control, the Error event never fires and a run-time error message box displays.

READ MORE HERE

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... bContent=1

i still dont really know how i can fix this though.... :(

the runtime error this topic asked about: you couldn't connect to the server/the server went down. Try connecting again, or find a different server.

Winsock is a part of windows that allows for networking using sockets... MTA networks with sockets. That's a generic error message that winsock is spewing out, saying that it could not connect to server/you got disconnected from the server :)