[Blog] Planet GTA Interview (by eAi)

Brophy

Well i will appologise for that comment. And thoug this is no justification for saying it, i will explain why i said such a comment; I'm fed up of seeing people in some way dragging SA:MP in to the picutre whenever sombody is critical of MTA, I will admit i'm on the SA:MP beta team, however nothing i say about MTA has anything to do with SA:MP, i've had a diminishing view of MTA and it's team since before i joined the SA:MP beta testing team, and the reason i take such a critical view these days is because i am disapointed of the way things have gone, i used to be a fan of MTA and thought the old series of mods brought something great to the comunity, however there is a growing view that the MTA team are growing too big for their boots and i agree with that view, my aim is not to bash MTA, far from it, but i will admit many of my discussions do turn in to flaming wars because of the people who blindly attack anybody who's critical of MTA, there are bad people on both sides of the picture.

Apology accepted. I would also like to say that i dont think it was me who brought it in, though if i did, sorry.

But right now, the person brought in SA-MP is irrelevant.

Looking at both communities, this topic, the xfire one and other topics, id just like to say that i think both sides have been acting sketchy lately. In the xfire post we see blokker jumping to conclusions, and almost the same here. however, since mtasa was anounced we have been recieving very sarcastic comments which the team are offended by. We would like this to stop. By no means does this to refer to specific members of the SA:MP beta team but here is some evidence

SA:MP vs MTA

Almost 8 months, and now you work on on foot sync. At least your getting it done. Finally its something I like. We did get rather annoyed at this post, though not too bad. In theory we could say "Over 8 months on SA-MP and still no release. what a joke" or something.
Maybe XFire devs should try playing that game before supporting it and weighing it up against the other mods. Its terrible. On Xfire forums. Really blunt - not subtle/sarcastic at all. He just said MTA was terrible. He tried to justify it by saying he was on a bad day though i dont think that is a reasonable excuse
I do have to agree, all the races did suck, and were based on too much turning. Such a harsh comment isnt required. Lots of the QA team put lots of effort into maps, only to be put down. This would be different if he at least expressed as an opinion. However, njr did express it as an opinion in other posts so not so bad
I have to admit, I'm quite disapointed that this is all you've managed to achieve after 8 months of 'hard' work and all the hype. I'm not knocking MTA or comparing it to any other mod, but from all the hype you guys generated i was expecting a bit more. Not really that bad, as it is really your opinion though it is annoying, though critisisims are something that this world always needs.
Good luck, since there is no unhackable software. In reference to the Anti-cheat info - This really is negative, sarcastic and unfair.
Adding streets and ramps through the game with wierd camera angles is the feature? I already pictured it would be like this. If its "The Feature", im not impressed.

BTW this isn't a flame post. He says its not a flame post. Whether it is or not...it still is an annoying post since the Map editor is a massive feature (imo) of MTASA.

MTA vs SA:MP

Aye paul...

Sometimes I don't understand why some of these SAMP guys constantly state how much they dislike MTA, yet hang around MTA's forums constantly monitoring every move, bashing every little news of progress that comes, along with the eventual releases. Whats the point? Oh wait the answers so simple: they must just be hyping SAMP and trying to poison people into thinking MTA has done them wrong... its like your a sports heckler in the stands that just wont stop and has overstayed his welcome.

Not all SAMP people in this forum are defined by this so don't start the hate rally just yet. I think there are some though, and they know who they are. Ransom maybe getting the wrong end of the stick? I dont know. But still jumping to conclusions

Translation for SA-MP fanboys: This was a quite harsh, though Jon did stick to complemented SA-MP before that
Because ot looks to me that this thread is not only written to ask for VC:MP/SA:MP support but also for trashing MTA. Well this is blokker overreacting, he has assumed too early.
What's SA-MP?

A [myg0t]-communty that bashes // fed-ups other mods and promote there own products?

I DO think SA-MP got a seperate forum to bash down there own product. Keep it that way!

Get a life,

The Great Aeron A stupid and idiotic post.. well, it IS aeron xD

That's all i could gather right now. There are many quotes i could gather from irc, msn, other forums (particularly kfc forums) that are rather disrespectful, also on the xfire forums, if i wanted.

I've tried to present a two sided argument, and am hoping both sides will take into account things that have happened and learn to show more respect to each other. Also, I must say its not as if i am not responsible for any of this either. I took a while to prepare this post, and i hope that this will mark the end of any other flamewar starting between SA:MP and MTA.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SA:MP vs MTA

Almost 8 months, and now you work on on foot sync. At least your getting it done. Finally its something I like. We did get rather annoyed at this post, though not too bad. In theory we could say "Over 8 months on SA-MP and still no release. what a joke" or something.

You must have mistaken that for a sarcastic post. You forgot to mention that I liked the on foot sync getting done.

I do have to agree, all the races did suck, and were based on too much turning. Such a harsh comment isnt required. Lots of the QA team put lots of effort into maps, only to be put down. This would be different if he at least expressed as an opinion. However, njr did express it as an opinion in other posts so not so bad

All a matter of opinion of course.

Good luck, since there is no unhackable software. In reference to the Anti-cheat info - This really is negative, sarcastic and unfair.

Not sarcastic. I use sarcasm with a :\ or a :roll:. I don't like cheaters ruining my game, but we have to live with it.

Adding streets and ramps through the game with wierd camera angles is the feature? I already pictured it would be like this. If its "The Feature", im not impressed.

BTW this isn't a flame post. He says its not a flame post. Whether it is or not...it still is an annoying post since the Map editor is a massive feature (imo) of MTASA.

Before that I never saw the end of the video with the ability to add a few good things, and seriously IMO those camera angles/controls suck, thats all I want fixed for it.

I notice a mistake in what sarcasm is on my posts :lol:, but I can understand.

• myonlake changed the title to [Blog] Planet GTA Interview (by eAi)
  • myonlake locked this topic