[Blog] Planet GTA Interview (by eAi)

Brophy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's been implied several times in the past that i'm an SA:MP fanboy, so i just thought i'd clarify that, since some of you have a habit of making false claims. Also i dont really see any SA:MP 'fanboys' contributing to this discussion so it's a bit of an assumption to make that SA:MP fanboys are involved atall.

In honesty you just wanted to take a dig at SA:MP fans, thats how it sounds, so try and spin it any way you like :P

Please back up your arguemnts with quotes so they are believable, because i refuse to think that it sounds like he's trying to take a dig at SA:MP fans unless you are willing to argue your point with specific references. Especially considering he did complement the SA:MP, GTAT, and GTA:R projects.

Also, i feel that the intentions of the answer are misunderstood within the post. Although i feel that the post was phrased wrong id like to argue the following:

If we go down to basics, MTA was the first multiplayer mod for GTA, agreed?

It was followed by other mods...having the same aim. So in that sense, are these 'other mods' not imitating the objectives of MTA - to make GTA online? I think you may be thinking that he's saying that SA:MP is copying MTA, but it is merely 'copying' its objectives - to make a multiplayer mod.

Even if i may be wrong, it is hardly a big deal. If the MTA team feel they are the 'big boys' and state that all other mods are inferiors (which clearly they are not) then it is other mod team's job to prove them wrong. Release a mod worthy of the community. This shouldn't be a war between fanboys or devs. At the end of the day, it's what the community praise.

Please back up your arguemnts with quotes so they are believable

Ok:

Translation for SA-MP fanboys:

Quote:

"We don't have a firm stance on multiplayer mods.

This means that their opinion varies on the mod in question.

Quote:

We've seen them come and go many times.

This doesn't apply to SA-MP because the team have already proven their capabilities with VC-MP.

Quote:

There’s probably been about ten different mods that have been started, and in most cases [they] have fallen apart during the time we've been developing MTA.

Actually, there have been many more than ten. Again, this doesn't apply to SA-MP.

Quote:

As such, we take other mods' claims "with a pinch of salt," and keep doing what we do best - making GTA playable online.

Again, the SA-MP team has already proven itself with VC-MP. Also note that "what we do best" means "what we ourselves are best at", not necessarily "what we do better than anyone else in the world".

Quote:

Obviously, while we're flattered that people feel that imitating MTA is a worthwhile project, we're surprised that people haven't put their time into making other games into multiplayer."

If the other comments didn't apply to SA-MP, Rumble or GTAT, why would this one? The team feels that the community would benefit more from variations in gameplay, not just loads and loads of identical mods with 5 players (AGAIN, I am not talking about SA-MP, Rumble or GTAT).

SA:MP fan boys aren't part of this convorsation, they are not relevent to this convorsation, and in essence, it is a completely redundant thing to say.

because i refuse to think that it sounds like he's trying to take a dig at SA:MP fans

Indeed, you refuse to think. Or more acuratly, you refuse to think anything critical of MTA and it's comunity, even if it is in the wrong.

The fact is, the original quote is an arrogent quote to make, however missworded it might be, and any attempt to defend that aorrogence only makes them look worse. If they simply accepted that they said something that was out of order then people wouldnt be complaining, but they seem defiant of ever believing they have flaws. Everybody has flaws, get over it, if you're going to make comments like that you're going to get people reacting to it. And thats all i really have to say, i'm not interested in falling deeper in to what has rapidly turned in to a flamewar, like i keep saying, spin it how you like, there's no denying what was said.

In honesty you just wanted to take a dig at SA:MP fans, thats how it sounds, so try and spin it any way you like :P

who are you to talk like SA-MP is the ONLY alternative multiplayer mod!!

:P:P:P

That was in reply to what JonChappell said in regards to SA:MP fanboys, it had no relation to what was said in the interview atall, nor would i ever make that claim :P

Maybe SA-MP supporters would be more appropiate, then.

The only people I see that are offended in this thread are you, Posty, and kyeman.

I honestly see nothing wrong with that portion of the interview. How is it taking a jab at VC-MP/SA-MP or related mods (GTA: Rumble and GTA: Tournament)? As JonChappell said earlier, it was directed towards projects that are started and die out in a month or two without ever releasing anything, and as you well know, there have been dozens of them within the past year or so that have done just that. I don't see what else could possibly be implied.

I don't think that's the problem here, though. I'm seeing way too many SA-MP supporters in particular jump at every opportunity they can to flame MTA, especially on this website.

And don't tell me it's not related to SA-MP, because it is. I see no one else in this thread going on about how that quote was so wrong other than beta testers and developers of that mod.

We don't go on your website and bash your project for all it's worth, so why don't you return the favor?

The only people I see that are offended in this thread are you, Posty, and kyeman.

I honestly see nothing wrong with that portion of the interview. How is it taking a jab at VC-MP/SA-MP or related mods (GTA: Rumble and GTA: Tournament)? As JonChappell said earlier, it was directed towards projects that are started and die out in a month or two without ever releasing anything, and as you well know, there have been dozens of them within the past year or so that have done just that. I don't see what else could possibly be implied.

I don't think that's the problem here, though. I'm seeing way too many SA-MP supporters in particular jump at every opportunity they can to flame MTA, especially on this website.

And don't tell me it's not related to SA-MP, because it is. I see no one else in this thread going on about how that quote was so wrong other than beta testers and developers of that mod.

We don't go on your website and bash your project for all it's worth, so why don't you return the favor?

I was never offended by the reply. I simply asked a question as to why it was said like that, and I got a great answer back, BY A TEAM MEMBER. I thanked him and told him that it was clear as to what the intention was. At no point did I say I was offended by it, I was just basically pushing for clarification.

My reply to the interview was not meant to be a flame towards MTA, as I had said. Cray took it in the correct form that my post was meant, and he replied as so. Other people decided to put words into my mouth, kind of like what you're doing. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to comment on things and post when I feel I should.

Indeed, you refuse to think. Or more acuratly, you refuse to think anything critical of MTA and it's comunity, even if it is in the wrong.

You backed up my original argument well, but now choose to make into a personal attack against me. I have been supporting other multiplayer mods for a very long time. I really do find it an insult that you should think that i never think critical of MTA and its community, because i already said that the post was phrased wrong. Personally i also feel that the race mod may not have been a good idea for first release.

I've always tried to remain neutral with multiplayer mods, and anyone who knows me (i hope) knows that i dont attack other mods. More to the point, with the release of MTA, and being part of the QA team, it is my duty to defend the MTA team - help them with things other than beta testing. The team are taking more and more pressure and flaming from all directions, the blog, forums and outside the bounds of mtavc.com, dare i say even from beta testers of SA-MP posting in public. SInce the release of MTA r1 ive had to take a stance that is very strict to help - much more strict than i have ever thought it would take. You see, I almost have to take the stance of the MTA team in a number of things, because it has become a part of being in the QA team. If flaming against MTA does take place, i have to defend it and make a formal reply as any MTA team member would do. Of course this doesnt apply with everything

Not all my responses may be entirely neutral, though i always avoid anti-other mod comments. If you do not understand the position I have to take with this mod, then please dont make an attack on me personally. I do look critically at MTA, though you may still call me a 'fanboy' if you like, because ever since the release of MTASA r1 i knew i would have to take this responsibility. I really do feel offended and request an apology.

who are you to talk like SA-MP is the ONLY alternative multiplayer mod!!

:P:P:P

That was in reply to what JonChappell said in regards to SA:MP fanboys, it had no relation to what was said in the interview atall, nor would i ever make that claim :P

then the thread is going offtopic... :P :P :P

I was never offended by the reply. I simply asked a question as to why it was said like that, and I got a great answer back, BY A TEAM MEMBER. I thanked him and told him that it was clear as to what the intention was. At no point did I say I was offended by it, I was just basically pushing for clarification.

My reply to the interview was not meant to be a flame towards MTA, as I had said. Cray took it in the correct form that my post was meant, and he replied as so. Other people decided to put words into my mouth, kind of like what you're doing. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to comment on things and post when I feel I should.

Whether or not you were offended is irrelevant... you are a beta tester of SA-MP and asked for clarification in their defense. That's fine, though.

My post was directed more towards him selfe who has been trolling in some of the threads on this board lately.

Whether or not you were offended is irrelevant... you are a beta tester of SA-MP and asked for clarification in their defense. That's fine, though.

My post was directed more towards him selfe who has been trolling in some of the threads on this board lately.

Actually, my post was in no way connected to SA-MP. It was a general statement meant to clarify the interview. Plain and simple. Just because I'm a beta tester for SA-MP doesn't mean all of my posts are influenced by it...

I didn't really see the point of this interview, since it had news we already know. Its good enough for people who are behind the news I guess.

Yes, I was very disappointed by the "exclusive screenshots" that had already been on the blog.

If that was sarcasm, you're pretty bad at it. :P

The screenshots were originally part of another update, its the same screenshots, still don't see a good point for people who already know about it.

If that was sarcasm, you're pretty bad at it. :P

The screenshots were originally part of another update, its the same screenshots, still don't see a good point for people who already know about it.

Ah, no, wait. Misread it :P The exclusive screenshots are coming soon.

I didn't really see the point of this interview, since it had news we already know. Its good enough for people who are behind the news I guess.

We were asked to do the interview, and the questions were submitted to us. We responded with our answers (new or not, is your call), and it was posted. Whether it was a worthwhile read to you is not really relevant, as PlanetGTA obviously wanted the interview in the first place. Hopefully, next time we will be able to deliver something new to you, and any others that this interview did not appeal to.

Whether you weren't offended and just simply asking for clarification, you're still a beta tester and I named you because ironically, you were the first to mention it.

However, my post wasn't specifically directed at you.

it was directed towards projects that are started and die out in a month or two without ever releasing anything, and as you well know, there have been dozens of them within the past year or so that have done just that. I don't see what else could possibly be implied.

yeah many of such projects came and go, but that doesn't mean that they were imitating MTA at all. the only project (in my opinion) that was close to imitating MTA was ViceMultiplayer, when Stanton just started the project( he constantly asked the mta team for help but also 'sort of' said that it would beat mta. later on , the team size grew, and most of them joined GTAC, and a few of them are currently in the SA-MP team, which isn't an imitation).

i don't understand why ppl don't realise that there is no competition between those projects. until ppl realise, the arguïng will go on.

i think developers of any multiplayer mod should stay neutral ( which means they shouldn't say thinks like, we're the best or our mod beats mod x ; anything that sounds arrogant and which could cause a flamewar between mods). some fanboys however, will never realise though, but that can be dealt with.

anyway, i think planetgta should have waited for interviewing you( the team) cause you've just started to focus on deathmatch. and yeah it will be more interesting for the fans as soon as new info/media is going to be revealed.

anyway, i think planetgta should have waited for interviewing you( the team) cause you've just started to focus on deathmatch. and yeah it will be more interesting for the fans as soon as new info/media is going to be revealed.

Theres no weekly or monthly interview limit. The Team can give others.

You backed up my original argument well, but now choose to make into a personal attack against me. I have been supporting other multiplayer mods for a very long time. I really do find it an insult that you should think that i never think critical of MTA and its community, because i already said that the post was phrased wrong. Personally i also feel that the race mod may not have been a good idea for first release.

I've always tried to remain neutral with multiplayer mods, and anyone who knows me (i hope) knows that i dont attack other mods. More to the point, with the release of MTA, and being part of the QA team, it is my duty to defend the MTA team - help them with things other than beta testing. The team are taking more and more pressure and flaming from all directions, the blog, forums and outside the bounds of mtavc.com, dare i say even from beta testers of SA-MP posting in public. SInce the release of MTA r1 ive had to take a stance that is very strict to help - much more strict than i have ever thought it would take. You see, I almost have to take the stance of the MTA team in a number of things, because it has become a part of being in the QA team. If flaming against MTA does take place, i have to defend it and make a formal reply as any MTA team member would do. Of course this doesnt apply with everything

Not all my responses may be entirely neutral, though i always avoid anti-other mod comments. If you do not understand the position I have to take with this mod, then please dont make an attack on me personally. I do look critically at MTA, though you may still call me a 'fanboy' if you like, because ever since the release of MTASA r1 i knew i would have to take this responsibility. I really do feel offended and request an apology.

Well i will appologise for that comment. And thoug this is no justification for saying it, i will explain why i said such a comment; I'm fed up of seeing people in some way dragging SA:MP in to the picutre whenever sombody is critical of MTA, I will admit i'm on the SA:MP beta team, however nothing i say about MTA has anything to do with SA:MP, i've had a diminishing view of MTA and it's team since before i joined the SA:MP beta testing team, and the reason i take such a critical view these days is because i am disapointed of the way things have gone, i used to be a fan of MTA and thought the old series of mods brought something great to the comunity, however there is a growing view that the MTA team are growing too big for their boots and i agree with that view, my aim is not to bash MTA, far from it, but i will admit many of my discussions do turn in to flaming wars because of the people who blindly attack anybody who's critical of MTA, there are bad people on both sides of the picture.

then the thread is going offtopic...

Indeed it has, but other people took it that way so if you're going to punish me for taking part you must also punish the others, including the ones that are 'on your side'.

I'm sorry this reply is late and is regarding what's now an old post, just wanted to clarify what i've said.