Hydra lock on sync

I dont know if it was mentioned before but i cant find anything relating,

Are the Hydra missiles LOCK ON synced?

Sometimes i got a lock on on me but most of the time other people are just shooting straight before them.

when i got lock on i see that it hits but others say: Use lock on.

and they see the missiles fly in a straight line..

This is making dogfight very anoying if somone locks on to you and i cant lock on back :S

It is true that for some reason target lock works.

I've had several target locked rockets (the red blips) hitting me and taking me out (at once).

I can also target lock, but sometimes the rocket makes circles around the target and explodes not hitting anything. However sometimes I had the rocket hitting the target and making damage.

Could it be if both player and target are on same ping/lag time etc. this would make a sync? :roll:

ps. stationary targets get hit more easy.

I've had several target locked rockets (the red blips) hitting me and taking me out (at once).

I can also target lock, but sometimes the rocket makes circles around the target and explodes not hitting anything. However sometimes I had the rocket hitting the target and making damage.

Could it be if both player and target are on same ping/lag time etc. this would make a sync? :roll:

His ping was very low..

His ping was very low..

Just because you see a hit on your screen (an explosion and smoke coming out of his plane) doesn't mean you hit him. It most likely wasn't synced.

His ping was very low..

Rockets seem to be semi-synced, during testing there were very rare instanced where I would get hit by a guided missile. I'm guessing low ping makes it more probable.

Just because you see a hit on your screen (an explosion and smoke coming out of his plane) doesn't mean you hit him. It most likely wasn't synced.

His ping was very low..

Rockets seem to be semi-synced, during testing there were very rare instanced where I would get hit by a guided missile. I'm guessing low ping makes it more probable.

Indeed, had a long hydra fight non of the targetlocked rockets did damage while flying (both)

Also took out a stationary (afk) car which did explode and die with target locked missile.

Conculsion: rockets are not synced! however stationary targets (while not moving yourself) do get hit.

Indeed, had a long hydra fight non of the targetlocked rockets did damage while flying (both)

Also took out a stationary (afk) car which did explode and die with target locked missile.

Conculsion: rockets are not synced! however stationary targets (while not moving yourself) do get hit.

His ping was very low..

So how better your internet connection is how more chance for a guided missile?

His ping was very low..

So how better your internet connection is how more chance for a guided missile?

OK, i'll try to explain what happened here.. though I may not do a great job.

our synchronizing is made up of 2 parts, puresync and keysync...

puresync is sent on regular intervals.. which updates position rotation, etc and also has a keysync attached.

keysync is sent whenever they press a key that does something for hteir vehicle... this can be locking on, firing the missile, accellerating, rotating engines, using the horn etc..

what is happening is that the keysync can SOMETIMES work as far as lock ons go... but most of the time, w/ lag and such... the locking mechanism doesn't work by this method alone.

in future versions we are going to put more work into syncing rockets and grenades correctly..

but for now, they just aren't reliable to use synced..

Kent

puresync is sent on regular intervals.. which updates position rotation, etc and also has a keysync attached.

keysync is sent whenever they press a key that does something for hteir vehicle... this can be locking on, firing the missile, accellerating, rotating engines, using the horn etc..

what is happening is that the keysync can SOMETIMES work as far as lock ons go... but most of the time, w/ lag and such... the locking mechanism doesn't work by this method alone.

in future versions we are going to put more work into syncing rockets and grenades correctly..

Kent

Kent

Thanks for this refreshing answer ;) now i know wharts going on in there :P