How to get over 10 players on a server?

GTASA

Question

22 answers to this question

You need to make the server title more attractive to players, advertise it a little or get yourself a irc channel for your server

well,the servers title is "GTASA's DeathMatch server" or do i need a better one?

what about irc,is it free?

It's difficult to say.

Its something of a positive feedback thingy, the more people on your server, the more people will join. Generally. No-one's gonna join a server with 0 or 1 players.

Get your server settings right, maybe you should fiddle with the voting threshold. Make sure there's plenty of maps on the server, but make sure they're good ones. If people have good fun on your server, they'll come back.

With all that said, however, I should point out that The most popular server in Australia has everything set to default, only the original maps, I don't think they've done the server update, they haven't even named it (it's 'Untitles MTA:SA server'). But there's usually over 20 players in it. They're all happen to be noobs voting for demo derby or break every 10 seconds, but there's not much you can do about that.

It's difficult because a lot of people already have preferred servers and won't even check out any others..

What I would do, is do some serious mapping & make some awesome maps exclusive to the server. . that way, you have something no other server can offer.

i renamed it to "Drive and kill" and got the default maps back and added my own ones,i was supprised that people kept coming,there were like 13 people playing,some of them even wrote down the server IP so they can come back. :D:o

lol cool. let this be a lesson to all server admins :D

Yes, don't call a "race" server "deathmatch" when no one has a deathmatch client :shock:

... 120

I play on littlewhitey's server with a ping of 300+ most of the time, it's not too bad in MTA, I can still win a fair share of races. It's far harded in a game of say Jedi Academy where the high ping makes it near impossible to dodge a quick saber swing. I expect I will find it harder later on with DM.

4) ask your friends to come and populate the server a little, people prefer to join servers with allready a lot of players in it, they won't join empty ones.

Actually some people like to play with less people so they have competetive gameplay.

Just stay in your server for a while.. That will attract attention..

Staying in the same place wont attract anyone quickly. If another person joins then obviously it would just be one vs one, then they will have to wait for another player to make the game perhaps more fun for the people already in the server. On the other hand the player who joined might leave because nothing is happening.