About spawnpoints?

Hi everyone.

I have a small question about spawnpoints.

Does the spawnpoint order (the number after the spawnpoint name) matter anything?

For example, if players start a new race, will they join the spawnpoints by the spawnpoint order (e: 1st player to spawnpoint number 1, and 2nd player to spawnpoint number 2 and so on..)

Or is it purely random?

Hope you understood my post and thanks for the answers. :wink:

Well I didnt mean that the position in your previous race would affect the starting place.

I tried to explain that, if I make a map that has 16 car-spawns, and then I edit the .map file and change the 4 last spawns into hydras, will people always start as cars if there is only 12 players? :roll:

But if Ransom is right, I already have my answer, Thank you.

so, just to clarify, lets say I wanted a map where 1/3 of the players are in hunters, the rest in cars. If I make spawnpoints 1, 4, 7, 10, etc (every third one) hunters, and the rest cars, it should work.

If there's n players in a race, the first n checkpoints will be used, but which player goes to which checkpoint will be random.

Yes?

so, just to clarify, lets say I wanted a map where 1/3 of the players are in hunters, the rest in cars. If I make spawnpoints 1, 4, 7, 10, etc (every third one) hunters, and the rest cars, it should work.

If there's n players in a race, the first n checkpoints will be used, but which player goes to which checkpoint will be random.

Yes?

No, i think you are wrong

Spawnpoints are entirely random...if you have the first three spawnpoints as cars and last three spawnpoints as hunters, it will be random in car the player spawns.

Checkpoints are not random. Using the 'Checkpoint order' you can view the order of your checkpoints. A player must pass these checkpoints in a certain order to win.

I Disagree. from what i have discerened while playing the game it DOES matter what order the spawnpoints are created (or if you want to get technical, the order of spawnpoints in the .map file)

Given a map with 32 spawn points and a current list of 20 users, the game will take the first 20 spawn points and randomly distribute the players about those spawn points.

This way (in the case of smugglers' run) you can have a balance of hunters to trucks, and still have random people in them, with no way of guaranteeing any one person always being in the hunter.

Given a map with 32 spawn points and a current list of 20 users, the game will take the first 20 spawn points and randomly distribute the players about those spawn points.

Exactly.

I guess the QA team members above are remembering old information :P