Still scripting as it will be for a siren.

Just now, Tut said:

I believe this is the right section, 
https://forum.multitheftauto.com/forum/177-modelling/

it may also be worth checking this FAQ

@ElTacoBanido

Still scripting as it will be for a siren, Turning on and off, Idk its possible without scripting

@Tut

UcXaacW.png

As you can see, my siren material alredy has light, now the ideia is that, when i turn the siren on it would be animated.

Edited by ElTacoBanido
  • Like 1
  • Administrators
5 minutes ago, ElTacoBanido said:

Still scripting as it will be for a siren.

Still scripting as it will be for a siren, Turning on and off, Idk its possible without scripting

ah. I don't script but I'm aware that texture shaders will work. you'll likely still have to make adjustments to the model for it to work in regards to the UV.

shaders would add a dark lights texture when off and an illuminated texture when on, just like in vanilla vehicle lights. these shaders can be controlled with a script for the lights to animate through a cycle. of which I have no idea how to create. 

you can use a simple lights flashing script for simple lights, but as soon as you want to control each of the light's state separate from headlights, you'll have plenty scripting to do.
hope this helps. I like to fiddle with lights myself. have fun!

2 hours ago, Tut said:

ah. I don't script but I'm aware that texture shaders will work. you'll likely still have to make adjustments to the model for it to work in regards to the UV.

shaders would add a dark lights texture when off and an illuminated texture when on, just like in vanilla vehicle lights. these shaders can be controlled with a script for the lights to animate through a cycle. of which I have no idea how to create. 

you can use a simple lights flashing script for simple lights, but as soon as you want to control each of the light's state separate from headlights, you'll have plenty scripting to do.
hope this helps. I like to fiddle with lights myself. have fun!

Then get me back to scripting.

I don't think it's possible without scripting but I could be wrong.
You need 2 copies of the siren component, then you need a timer to show/hide the siren components accordingly.
One of the tail light components will need "Vortex prelighting" adjustments to make the material avoid getting darker with night time, Images for the tutorial are broken but you can still follow it like I did.

Good luck and if you need help contact me ;D

Edited by JustinMTA