Sign in to follow this  
turbodymacz1337

Mute system help

Posted (edited)

I would like to ask for a help about mute system that uses command to mute a player in local chat only.

Plenty of clanwar servers are using it, I will give you an example of the script. It works like normal mute system but you do it like; /lmute <playername>

This command disable local chat for you and you will be able to use ONLY teamchat.

Edited by turbodymacz1337

setPlayerMuted
isPlayerMuted
onPlayerChat
cancelEvent 

For type 0 if local is default chat if not and is a costum command then not put the event 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turbodymacz1337 said:

I would like to ask for a help about mute system that uses command to mute a player in local chat only.

Plenty of clanwar servers are using it, I will give you an example of the script. It works like normal mute system but you do it like; /lmute <playername>

This command disable local chat for you and you will be able to use ONLY teamchat.

You may use:

addCommandHandler -- to make the command like you've said 'lmute'.
getPlayerFromName -- get the player's name from what you've typed in the command.
setElementData / setAccountData -- use either of them to give data to the player you want to mute.

Then you should modify your local chat script and add a check, it should be something like:

if getElementData(...) then
  return false
end

32 minutes ago, Dimos7 said:

setPlayerMuted
isPlayerMuted
onPlayerChat
cancelEvent 

For type 0 if local is default chat if not and is a costum command then not put the event 

since MTA doesn't have a local chat system he's talking obviously about a custom chat system.

6 hours ago, turbodymacz1337 said:

You may use:

addCommandHandler -- to make the command like you've said 'lmute'.
getPlayerFromName -- get the player's name from what you've typed in the command.
setElementData / setAccountData -- use either of them to give data to the player you want to mute.

Then you should modify your local chat script and add a check, it should be something like:

if getElementData(...) then
  return false
end

32 minutes ago, Dimos7 said:

setPlayerMuted
isPlayerMuted
onPlayerChat
cancelEvent 

since MTA doesn't have a local chat system he's talking obviously about a custom chat system.

• Like 1