Permissions are screwed!!

marty000123

Question

Permissions seem to be screwed as it's no longer possible for mods/admins/console to kick, ban, mute, /whois, etc. 

''[2019-07-17 10:05:12] WARNING: [admin]\admin\server\admin_server.Lua:826: Access denied @ 'kickPlayer'''

I have not changed anything in the script. These warnings and dysfunctionalities just randomly appeared at some point.

Help would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
1 hour ago, marty000123 said:

Permissions seem to be screwed as it's no longer possible for mods/admins/console to kick, ban, mute, /whois, etc. 

''[2019-07-17 10:05:12] WARNING: [admin]\admin\server\admin_server.Lua:826: Access denied @ 'kickPlayer'''

Please post your ACL.xml

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
13 minutes ago, marty000123 said:

There's no kickPlayer permission in any of your admin/moderator ACL groups. Usually, it's under the Moderator ACL so other staff ACLs can inherit it like this:

<group name="Admin">
        <acl name="Moderator"></acl>

As i can see, your admin and supermoderator groups are still correctly inheriting the Moderator group like the above, so you can fix it by adding this line in the Moderator ACL:

<right name="function.kickPlayer" access="true"></right>

So actually, something corrupted/misconfigured your ACL. I also see a lot of empty groups there, which is probably not intended either.

30 minutes ago, marty000123 said:

Note: don't forget to check & fix permissions with everything similarly to my kickPlayer example. Just mind that some permissions (like ban) aren't inherited from Moderator ACL but only given through the Admin ACL for obvious reasons (just add it to an ACL you assign to your staff that should be able to ban etcetera). If you're lost or afraid to introduce insecurities, refer to the default ACL.xml structure.