Walking Style Speed?

Lergen

I looked around a bit, but couldn't find an answer for this. When using https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/SetPedWalkingStyle is there any way to change the speed a player sprints at while using it? A sprinting ped animation is probably slower than CJ's walking speed. So in other words, when someone is using a ped walking style, is it possible to let them sprint as fast as CJ? I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks! This probably sounds dumb but how would you check that a player selected an animation on the client if it's handled server-side? I'm guessing getPedAnimation would be used.

Edited by Lergen
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Note that setting game speed affects everything around them and not just walking, as well as worsening sync (everything around them will appear badly synced, and others will see that player as moving around badly synced)

This is a reason why I personally would never touch setGameSpeed. It's not really a feature designed for multiplayer

SetPedAnimationSpeed also cannot be used, because it doesn't support active walking styles (the player movement anim group and ID instead of a static anim) and also would only support slow-downs (speed 0.0 - 1.0).

You will have to use custom animations; find (or create) IFP walking style that has a speed you desire.

@Lergen

• Thanks 1
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
1 hour ago, Lergen said:

Ahhh, that's unfortunate then. I appreciate the heads-up though, thanks!

No problem.

There's plenty of modded walking style anims to be found on GTA modding sites, also if you want to get help creating one yourself or changing the speed of existing ones then i advise you to join the MTA discord (https://discord.com/invite/mtasa) and ask in #modelling