MTA = Virus

MrCeoZ

7 answers to this question

*sigh*

No, that's your antivirus program being too zealous. Because MTA hacks GTA's memory, certain anti-virus programs think it is a virus. If you downloaded it from the official site then it's certainly not a virus.

Anti-virus companies have been informed but they refuse to do anything about it because they prefer to mislead their customers. I'm glad I'm not one...

When i first got MTA then my anti-virus said that it hade virus on it,it was right.Now i cant load my savegames in gta III sp and my compter works much slower.Then what is it if not virus? :?

Why the hell would any of us want to propigate malware with our software? Like jon said, if you downloaded it from one of our official mirrors then it is NOT a virus.

If you can't load single player games in GTA3, try deleting your .dat file in your "My Documents\Grand Theft Auto III" folder, and restart the game. Your sluggish computer issue may be from any number of problems. One of the most common is antivirus software suites. These take up over 50% of system resources in average cases. Systems with lower specs will definately notice a decrease in speed.

From a technical perspective, it has to do with the use of certain API such as CreateRemoteThread and VirtualAlloc which makes some of the "stupid" antivirus applications such as the one you're using to give off a false alarm. However, it's pretty simple. If you think it's infected, don't use it. Easy as that, huh?

I'm locking this thread now. There are plenty old threads which address this issue. Please use the search button at the top of the forum page.

Thanks,

-Derek