Cheats & Anticheat Observations

What is your favourite thing about playing online??  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite thing about playing online??

• Racing against Players with unusual "superhuman abilities"
    • Getting blamed & abused when Johnny n00b blows himself up again
    • Having to press F2 every few seconds during a race
    • The fact the MTASA team forgot to remove all the damn trees
    • Derby. Again.
    • Instructing player "Player" on how to operate the Hydra

:D Reporting straight from the frontline, just thought i'd throw out a few observations in regards to online cheating, something that seems to upset real genuine players the most - and something that seems to be on the increase.

Problem is a lot of servers i been on, its a well known thing, players get kicked all the time for "suspected cheating", then 90% of the time sign straight back on with a "WTF??? How woz i cheetin??" and cheers & pisstaking from the other players.

Its happened to me twice too - the last time it happened id been dead for five minutes and was spectating others then suddenly im kicked off suspected cheating :crazyeyes:

... so of course i sign straight back on and im like "WTF??? How woz i cheetin????2" :laughing2:

Point is, because of this now most people dont trust or are reluctant to believe the anticheat is correct when it happens.

And despite the anticheat, i see a lot of people obviously using cheats - for example one server yesterday some kid in a Rhino was blasting around so fast he was unable to control it. Obviously all the other players knew he was cheating, but just had to put up with it as there didnt seem to be any admin - unfortunately this seems to be the case on most servers i been on too.

Later that afternoon, on another server, a bike race map started with my #1 favourite NRG500, got a good start and rode near perfect - for most of the race i was owning it way ahead of the pack :mrgreen: then 2 CPs from the finish some kid just shoots past me twice the speed im going and disappears into the distance to win the race. Now im damn fast on a bike so I was like wtf man come ooon. Again no admin activity / intervention at all so what could i do about it. Similar things have happened before on bike maps where i'm seemingly outclassed and someone will just shoot ahead much faster than me - the thing i found suspicious was when i come to the next sharp bend and they wiped out off the course - the fact these people might be superfast but seem to have very little cornering/handling skill or experience. What else could it be.

Maybe what we need is like on other MP games - an option for players to vote to kick someone off the server - IMO they are in the best position to keep a server straight - otherwise your gonna be relying on good/active/still breathing admin being present which im telling u aint a wise thing to do :lol:

:shock: My god megapost - my apologies if many words make brain hurt

You need to make sure that your game hasn't been modified in any way by any trainers/programs you have ran, then you shouldn't get kicked.

Despite the full you're making I've hardly seen any cheating at all, although unsocial players can cause a big a big problem - especially when they start the abusing the vote system.

You need to make sure that your game hasn't been modified in any way by any trainers/programs you have ran, then you shouldn't get kicked.

Despite the full you're making I've hardly seen any cheating at all, although unsocial players can cause a big a big problem - especially when they start the abusing the vote system.

Does SAAC count as a mod that boots you? Cause I need that to play with my PS2 control.

Did you install any car mods?

I somtimes see some players that won't drown. They just are unter water

with full energy. I mean, that happend to me too once, but there are

some players that never drown. Is this only possible on servers without

anti-cheat enabled or is this case not covered by anticheat?

I somtimes see some players that won't drown. They just are unter water

with full energy. I mean, that happend to me too once, but there are

some players that never drown. Is this only possible on servers without

anti-cheat enabled or is this case not covered by anticheat?

I've seen this one a few times - the last time it happened somone speccing drew everyones attention to a certain player, and when i spec'd him he was as you say under the water on a bmx with full health. Then he came on the chat and said "What are you talking about im dead im speccing other people" i changed my 123 view and straight away it switched to another player and i couldnt switch back to spec him again. Definately sounds like some sort of wierd bug.

Edited by Guest

once i got stuck under water, i dont remember the vehicle but i could drive. i was not cheating.

and today in my server a guy was in the water but wouldnt drown. he drew my attention and suggested that the server was lagging. so i rebooted.

but i have seen NO obvious cheating on my server.

anti cheat seems to boot ppl when something on their pc (ie. vid/snd drivers become unresponsive.

this is should be more of a "kicked for crappy pc" than a kicked for suspected cheating.

hahaha

once i got stuck under water, i dont remember the vehicle but i could drive. i was not cheating.

and today in my server a guy was in the water but wouldnt drown. he drew my attention and suggested that the server was lagging. so i rebooted.

this is should be more of a "kicked for crappy pc" than a kicked for suspected cheating.

I dunno if its anytghing to do with it, but i get something like that happen quite often - New race starts, but nothing happens nobody moves no countdown horn doesnt honk chat dont work, and i kept thinkin it was the server spazzed out - but then i discovered if i disconnect then straight away reconnect to the server, the race actually did start, is halfway thru so it wasnt the server it was just me that froze.

Damn mustve been stood at the startline like a complete n00baloid heh

:P