[Blog] On-foot synchronization by ChrML

Blokker_1999

I have to admit, I'm quite disapointed that this is all you've managed to achieve after 8 months of 'hard' work and all the hype. I'm not knocking MTA or comparing it to any other mod, but from all the hype you guys generated i was expecting a bit more.

You are surprised now that the mod is racing only, when it has been announced since day one? If any hype was generated, it was about the race mod.. :roll:

At what point did i state i was suprised it was a racing mod? I've been active enough in the #mta channel to know it was a racing only mod long before it was released, what i'm disapointed at is how poor something that was touted as 'revolutionary' is.

Aye paul...

Sometimes I don't understand why some of these SAMP guys constantly state how much they dislike MTA, yet hang around MTA's forums constantly monitoring every move, bashing every little news of progress that comes, along with the eventual releases. Whats the point? Oh wait the answers so simple: they must just be hyping SAMP and trying to poison people into thinking MTA has done them wrong... its like your a sports heckler in the stands that just wont stop and has overstayed his welcome.

Not all SAMP people in this forum are defined by this so don't start the hate rally just yet. I think there are some though, and they know who they are.

I am not a SAMP person, i have never mentioned SAMP on anything involving the MTA comunity, I am neutral when it comes to mods, and i'll judge each mod based on it's own merits not how it compares to other mods, especialy when they dont do the same thing. I am criticising MTA for it's own failings which have absolutly no relation to any other mod.

Actually, no-one said the race mod would be a revolution. The final version of Blue with footsync, weapon code and the SDK was marketed as a revolution.

Thats not the impression i was given by the dev team.

P.S. Aren't you an SA-MP beta tester?

I've never stated that i am. And whether i am or not doesn't make me part of any official SA:MP team. Nor does it have any bearing on this discussion. As i have stated, my issues with MTA are just that, issues with MTA, they have absolutly no relation to any other mod. For me to be a "SAMP person" i would have to be predominantly affiliated with SA:MP in some way by either being on some official SA:MP team, or by being a SA:MP fanboy, of which i am neither. I make no claim to be representing SA:MP in any way and nor do i wish to undermine the developers of other mods by doing so. Don't try and palm off the failings of one mod by blaming things on the fans of other mods.

I'd also like to point out that as far as i was awear, the SA:MP comunity were happily being quiet and geting on with their own thing completely independant of anything to do with MTA untill MTA fanboys started spaming SA:MP related discussions with adverts for MTA. The SA:MP comunity even have to put up with MTA fans mistakenly thinking that they are in some way something to do with MTA and complaining about "the game" on SA:MP threads when infact they're talking about MTA. With that in mind i couldn't really blame people if some of the SA:MP comunity start to resent MTA.

I could quote that big hunk of text and depict it but I'm making this as short as possible:

First off, adding to what Jon said, I think its evident you should read http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=13379

I think the racemod concept has a special Grand Theft Auto style to it. Theres no other race game you can play that allows the same elements of gameplay, so it retains its image.

We've extensively tested the release beforehand and then during a pre-public mass beta test where the results were perfect. I'm very sorry your one of the minority to have this super-crash problem. Personally, I can play for hours and hours on end without a single crash. It can't be said that it isn't possible for hardware/software problems even after testing with so many different people. Some people have also complained about frame rates, but thats your pcs fault. Call of Duty 2 isn't junk just because some people don't have the stuff to play it (also an online game).

Besides what I've said that is working on being fixed (top annoyances/bugs), I can't see much argument to your post as thats the fault of the map creators. You can then say theres too many "noob maps", well then look on the community center and see which have the highest ratings.

As for the MTA fanboys, I think theres not that many of us. That is unless you find our comments bashing other mods just because we disliked them (hell, after waiting until they were released and we tried them not to mention). For me personally, MTA has always been the only choice and still is for me. Sure there was VCMP but it had its issues and 0.5 remained more popular, so I didn't pay much attention to it (though not to say it was bad). I'm aware some flaming has been done lately on the xfire support topic for other mods but apparently only MTA can accept criticism and as soon as anybody else gets some back, its 'MTA wants all the attention' or 'MTA silences opinions' etc.

For the SAMP comment, those involved with that mod know what their intentions are. As I said that comment has no specific target, the ones who are involved with that mod and do it for those reasons know who they are.

In the end I'm truly sorry that some of you are disappointed but its a free mod and theres nothing you can get from complaining about it. This is why I (personally) don't bother bashing the FREE mods as its just disrespectful to those who have dedicated their freetime to your enjoyment. In other words, I respect all the mods unless their team or beta testers start flaming other mods constantly.

Yeah, I wonder if these people will ever stop. They are doing the same thing here as they did on the Xfire forums. :(

I don't see any MTA fans flaming SA-MP Anywhere. So what reason do SA-MP fanboys have to flame MTA?

I have to admit, I'm quite disapointed that this is all you've managed to achieve after 8 months of 'hard' work and all the hype. I'm not knocking MTA or comparing it to any other mod, but from all the hype you guys generated i was expecting a bit more.

You are surprised now that the mod is racing only, when it has been announced since day one? If any hype was generated, it was about the race mod.. :roll:

At what point did i state i was suprised it was a racing mod? I've been active enough in the #mta channel to know it was a racing only mod long before it was released, what i'm disapointed at is how poor something that was touted as 'revolutionary' is.

I assumed based on your suspicious timing that you just found about it. Why flame here and now instead of in the release thread? This is about the progress with foot sync. It has nothing to do with the race mod, my neutral non-SAMP affiliated friend.

Anyway, I would like to kindly ask you to stop posting in this thread as this whole discussion is off-topic.

I would say the editor alone is entirely revolutionary. Coined with the fact the whole race mod is simply a modification on the blue core in the same way counter strike was a modification of the half life 'core' (from what i understand - look at the directory structure) meaning other perhaps limitless amounts of mods can be built upon it, along with the way servers control the game world utterly using only a few k of text file (.maps) and its not only revolutionary, it is extraordinary.

And its only an 'interactive tech demo' as one dev put it.. Astounding, truly.

If you cannot appreciate any of this then I have to say I feel a little sorry for you.

The reason why i posted in this thread instead of any other was because my original post was in reference to both MTA:SA as a whole and the topic of this thread, and i wasn't simply 'MTA bashing' i was stating my opinion, people asked me to expand on that opinion so i did. I wasn't simply saying "omfg mta t3h sux0r". And to be honest i have absolutly no idea what SA:MP has to do with any of this. It's all good accusing fans of other mods for flaming MTA, but you're the ones instigating that when you imediatly jump on anybody who's critical of MTA and accuse them of being a fanboy for another mod. Get over SA:MP because it has absolutly nothing to do with my judgement of MTA. SA:MP does not apply in any way because it's not even released yet and any judgement anybody makes can only be made in assumption unless they have had the privilige of testing it. It is you who seem to have an obsession with other mods in relation to MTA and you don't seem to be able to accept the flaws of MTA in comparison with itself. Everybody has opinions, good and bad, and if if so much hype is made over something that really isn't that amazing it's bound to draw the atention of people who are critical of that hype. If MTA wishes to attract atention by all means it's free to do so but unfortunatly that will attract both good and bad attention, and deluding your selves won't solve that, it'll only make it worse. As for me being in the 'minority' most people i've spoken to about these issues agree and have witnessed exactly the same issues, on a wide range of different hardware. While the 6600GT isn't the latest most amazing top of the range graphics card, it's more than capable of running heavyweight engines with ease, it can render far more in the doom3 engine with no slowdown than it needs to render in MTA:SA. And it can render far more in SA without the amount of slowdown that's evident in MTA:SA.

himselfe:

this post was made regarding what we have done.. your complaints are offtopic. If you'd like to discuss this you can take it elsewhere, another forum entirely.

please do not post another offtopic post in this thread again.

Thanks.

(a reply defending your actions is also completely offtopic to the original post)

Thanks,

Kent

Not to be rude, but do you really blame people for acusing you of being censorist (for lack of a better word) if you reply to every critical view with a polite mug of "STFU"? You can do as you will with me, i've had my say, however don't for an instant make the mistake of thinking that will make anything better. I have no reason to defend my actions because i did not start posting in any hostile way, i simply stated my disapointment, i'm not going to shut up simply because people don't like the truth. And censoring me will only prove you have serious flaws in your method and product. I had no intention of flaming and it was your own comunity that took the convorsation down hill. If you dont want to hear things like this, improve your tactics, because censoring me wont end it. If you want your comunity to be full of idiots go ahead and ban me. I used to be a fan but this is ridiculous, you know you're failing and now you're geting desperate. Banning me wont change a thing and as things currently stand, i really wont be missing out on anything, so enjoy. :)

There was nothing wrong with your original post. It's the other posts. Even though you state that you are neutral towards SA-MP, you are still a beta tester: http://www.sa-mp.com/news/data/upimages/sampqry2.jpg . Maybe that affects your judgement, maybe it doesn't. I think both you and Ransom overreacted a little.

But Ransom is correct in saying that there seem to be more SA-MP fanboys than MTA ones. That's probably because it's less well-known and so the people who support it are more passionate about it. I know, I'm a Mac fan ;) There is only one thread on GTAF for MTA discussions, and I've seen very few threads even mention MTA (normally it's a comparison between the two mods, but not biased towards MTA).

Either way, as Kent points out, this is not really the place to discuss it. You're welcome to open up a thread in another section of the forum if you can keep it free of flame wars (towards either mod).

Get a life

How about you do the same, and stop flaming SA:MP, k?

I don't condone all this random flaming between the mods, but I do believe that himselfe was justified to post his honest opinions (albeit maybe in the wrong topic) and it was MTA's community that brought SA:MP into it.

Just so you know, himselfe had these same opinions about MTA:SA before he became anything to do with SA:MP ;)

Ok guys, this is getting a tad out of hand for this topic :P

Him-selfe, I am sorry you are dissapointed with the current release. We are currently working on bith deathmatch and an r1.x race mod, which will hopfully solve some of the issues you are experiencing. By the way, your fps slowdown could be due to your CPU. The processing overhead with a lot of players is more substantial as it has to do a lot more.

Anyways, please can people post on topic in here from now on :)

Cheers

i'd expect 8 months of 'hard work' to churn out something a little better than a novelty.

HAVE YOU EVER PROGRAMMED BEFORE?

HAVE YOU EVER CREATED A MOD THIS BIG BEFORE FOR GTA?

If you have never done any of these, then you should not be talking.

and maybe it took a while because the MTA Team cannot work on MTA:SA

24 hours a day, 7 days a week, because you have no patience.

I'm sorry i didn't bother to read your LONG posts him self, but

if you complain so much about MTA then WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

im not trying to be rude, but who would put so much time

into complaining,

when theres other (crappier) GTA mods out there?

And you have been told many times about the foot-synch issue,

and the MTA has made alot of progress (can you see the photos?)

if MTA is so "dissapointing" to you then goto SA:MP or something

because THE MTA TEAM DOES NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING

THIS MOD IS FOR FREE, SO WHAT CAN YOU LOSE?

YOU CHOSE TO COME HERE AND BITCH.

him self like to talk, but lets see what he can do.

LETS SEE IF YOU CAN CREATE A MOD FOR GTA:SA thats better than MTA:SA.

• myonlake changed the title to [Blog] On-foot synchronization by ChrML