Why Map Updating on center.mtasa.com fails?

If I try to upload a new map without description or an existing map, it promts me for destription/Changes in this version. But If I enter a text, this error appears: The uploaded file was not recognized as valid XML. Please try again

But working with Maps with Description (not updating) works fine...

Firefox 1.5 @ Win XP Home SP 2

I'm from Germany, so don't shot at me because of my bad english.

hmm I'll ask harry tomorrow. For now though, you can download and use firefox to upload maps. Sorry for the inconvenience, but its a stange problem as uploader code is same for both browsers.

No you cannot!

Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera all the same error.

hmm I'll ask harry tomorrow. For now though, you can download and use firefox to upload maps. Sorry for the inconvenience, but its a stange problem as uploader code is same for both browsers.

harry posted a comment in here saying it should be fixed ...

uhm .. :cry:

Uploading a map works like a charm for me. But when it comes to updating that same map, it gets troublesome. This is how I try to update my map using mozilla version 1.5.0.1:

I login at the center. I press the link to upload a map. I choose a map that I've updated using the browse button. I get this message: "The file you are uploading is an updated map. Please enter the changes in the box below."

I write a few lines what's changed (have tried to leave it blank aswell). I press upload and get this error: "The uploaded file was not recognized as valid XML. Please try again"

I have also tried uploading a map and then, without making any changes to it, upload it again, but I still get this error. I have also tried with Internet Explorer 6.0

However! I have seen people who successfully have updated their maps, I haven't been able to get in touch with any of them though. Is there anyone out there who is reading this and has successfully updated their map? If so, could you please write how you did and what browser and version you're using?

Harry is having a hard time fixing it because its being not reproducable. So, its pretty hard to run any testing and find a solution. The problem isn't browser related though he says (but firefox works for some reason).

i have a example .. how do i get it to harry :D ?

oh and tried IE6 instead of FF1.5.0.1 (and quickly closed IE after that off course ;) ) butttt didnt work either ;)

maybe it has something to do with that the spawnpoints start waaaaay above the normal map height .. but hmm still .. bottom line , let harry email me 90061.gif orsomething . pls ..tnx

Here is the map files I used and where it doesn't work:

http://www.mabako.net/mapupload_error.zip

ps: Should i provide Access to my System via TightVNC? Then he could look how "good" it works for me... And on my PC the Error get reproduced every time i try to upload this map. See for contact: http://www.mabako.net/index.php/impressum/

tried it:

always Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2

always German Software

- Internet Explorer 6.0

- Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.1 (so for some reason it won't work for me)

- Opera 8.5.1 (ok, new Version is 8.5.2 but i don't think that there is a difference related to center.mtasa.com)

- Netscape 7.1

And php errors are nearly never browser related (expect you use special code for some browsers make them work :wink: )

ah, btw: is there a -tag? Upload works fine if the Scripts on center.mtasa.com only have to upload the map, not to change the maps content. Example for new races -> when i upload without meta tags and then give these to the script, Invalid XML... Would be not the best solution, but not the worst if i can update my maps.

Edit:

OK, last error I get while I try to upload a map (name: Heavens Port.map | Id in Map Upload center: 835)

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/mtavc_com/www/bdc/upl/races/mabako.map): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mtavc_com/www/bdc/content/upload.php on line 40 (<-- this message appears black and very dark grew ground - not very readable)

The uploaded file was not recognized as valid XML. Please try again

But the name of the map I uploaded is not mabako.map, but "Heavens Port.map". I hope it help ;)

Here is the map files I used and where it doesn't work:

<-- this message appears black and very dark grew ground - not very readable)

good find .. i found harry and mailed that

plus also found on the page with the

"The file you are uploading is an updated map. Please enter the changes in the box below.

Changes in this version "

another error message ..which is

Warning: array_unique(): The argument should be an array in /home/mtavc_com/www/bdc/config/xml.php on line 154