What ports do i need open?

You need to open the game port and admin port you've specified in your config file, and also the game port+123 if you want the All-Seeing Eye to query your server and display it on the list.

And you can leave the ports as default.

I thought the config would have been simple enough, I mean there's a few lines for each section which tell you what you have to put, it isn't rocket science.

You need to open the game port and admin port you've specified in your config file, and also the game port+123 if you want the All-Seeing Eye to query your server and display it on the list.

And you can leave the ports as default.

I thought the config would have been simple enough, I mean there's a few lines for each section which tell you what you have to put, it isn't rocket science.

What do you mean with the game port?

yes, run it on wotever ports u need, if its a home pc remember to open the ports too on your firewall/router

mtaserver.conf

# ServerPort
# Required: Yes
# Purpose: Defines the port for players to connect on
#          Format - ServerPort 
# Notes:
#     Must be a numerical value
ServerPort 22003 

# AdminServer
# Required: No
# Purpose: Defines whether the server should enable Remote Admin
#          Format - AdminServer <1/0>
# Notes:
#     Set to 1 to enable, anything else to disable
AdminServer 1

# AdminPort
# Required: Yes (if AdminServer is enabled)
# Purpose: Defines the port for Remote Admins to connect on
#          Format - AdminPort 
# Notes:
#     Must be a numerical value
AdminPort 44003 

the mtaserver.conf has a description for each setting, if the game port is 22003 and the server is running on your own pc, connect to 127.0.0.1 port 22003, if u want people from the outside to connect open the port the game is running on (default 22003 and the ase port which is the game port + 123 for example 22003+123 = 22126) and open the admin port, just remember WOTEVER PORTS YOU PICK, then thats what you open