darkdreamingdan

Patching your 1.01 or 2.00 version of gta_sa.exe

oh, ah, lol, soz.

Anyway, why does my patch think my GTA has already been updated!?!

Are you sure it was version 2 to begin with, and that it's not some other problem preventing your game from working?

Well, how do I tell what version it was, I can't find anything anywhere which says!!

Your version number is in the bottem corner of the main screen.

I have version 1.1 and your downgrader said it was an unreconized version.

Not sure if it's an EU or USA version though. I also need the No-CD crack. It isn't on there ATM but will i need it with version 1 or will this mutiplayer work with the crack?

Your version number is in the bottem corner of the main screen.

I have version 1.1 and your downgrader said it was an unreconized version.

Not sure if it's an EU or USA version though. I also need the No-CD crack. It isn't on there ATM but will i need it with version 1 or will this mutiplayer work with the crack?

1.1 doesnt exist...are you sure you are refering to GTASA? Sounds like gta3 or VC to me...

Don't matter - I got my hands on a v1 version, which is cracked and works fine.

I'm from Quebec and got the same problem as the other 2 people who said they were from Quebec:

The patching went well and I didn't encounter any problem but now when I run the game, it doesn't open and shows me this message: GTA_SA.exe had a problem and must now close (or whatever it is in english)...

I know I can reinstall (I forgot to make a backup copy) to make it work but it would go back to 2.0 and I want to install mods.

I think it could have something to do with the language but SA is installed in english so it shouldn't be a problem... Any idea?

I know I can reinstall (I forgot to make a backup copy) to make it work but it would go back to 2.0 and I want to install mods.

You are supposed to play MTA on a clear copy of SA! without any mods!

I know, but I'm probably not gonna play MTA for a while (until friends get SA) but I want to play SP with mods in the meantime.

Anyway, let's get back to my problem: the game doesn't start at all on a clean install since I patched down to 1.0...

If it doesn't work on a clean install or with mods, it's not gonna work with MTA, am I right?

If it doesn't work on a clean install or with mods, it's not gonna work with MTA, am I right?

Yep.

i installed the downgrade patch and now my game locks up on random how do i fix this? us ver 2.0 win xp

Single players locks up or MTA? If it's only MTA it probably has nothing to do with the patch.

no its in single player and multi.

I have a problem, I downloaded this and it closed out my San Andreas and said that error report thingy. what do i do? :?

Oh, and it totally screwed up my game, i had to un-install it. I don't know what went wrong. :cry:

I downgraded my version 2 so I can mod my game. I put the hot coffee mod into the game and it appears to work until you finish the date and say yes. Screen goes blank and the game locks up. Anyone know whats going on? I see somebody else mentioned the same problem in this post but that was a while ago. Or is there something different about the version 2 that keeps this particular mod from working and allows others?

This sounds like an issue with the mod you were installing. We cannot however provide support as it is a 3rd party modification non-mta related

i'm trying to find out what version of GTA:SA i have, when i look at the readme it says v1.00, does this mean i have version 1 of the game, i only bought it reacenty, and im in australia, also, if this v1.00, y cant i play with mods?

i got it working =>, all i had to do was get rid of my no-disc patch, now mods work perfectly =>

...but this would result in your savegames being corrupt. So although you are reverting back, your savegames will remain compatible, and you will lose any bug fixes in other version.

Good question, i'll add it to the first post

When I ran this patch all of my save games were corrupt, even when I started a new game and saved.

while it does work on on a US V2 exe it does not turn that into a US V1 exe,but rather into a Euro V1 exe.i'm not sure if that could cause any problems for US users in and of itself but if you do want to move up to version 1.01 you will have to DL and apply the Euro V1.01 patch.

I ran the update to v1.01 and the trainers still don't work, they only worked when it was downgraded to v1.00, but then the save games don't work.

Because things have changed...it's a well known fact that if you downgrade, any of your games which are saved after a certain point will be corrupt.

Maybe you didn't read my posts right, let's try again. When I ran the downgrade patch it worked fine, I started a new game, tried to save it, and it was corrupt when I tried to load it.

so if i download this i would be able to play online and this will downgrade my game?