Checkpoint/Chat issues

Guest labalicious

First off, great game, an absolute pleasure to play. There are so many funny moments with random people playing, crashing, exploding, ramming walls, etc, I end up giggling so hard I start crying. :)

Anyways, the problem I was experiencing was a bit odd. I did a scan of the forums and didn't see anyone mention it. Now, I did notice that there is a new server patch, so that might be the issue but this was the problem.

After playing for about an hour or so on my own server (LAN) and having two other people connected via internet (WLAN), I noticed a problem. At one point, when I would type something into the chat, none of the things I typed would appear. Did it a few times but it wouldn't let me type messages anymore. At the same time, I wasn't able to complete checkpoints anymore either. They would just stay there even though I passed through them.

A quick restart of the client cured the problem right away. So I'm not sure if it's a server issue or not.

All 3 people in my server experienced this bug, so it might be server related or not. I'm not sure. I'll be updating the server tonight and giving it another go to see if I can replicate the bug, and if so, will post screenshots, not that you can see much...

Anyone else experience this? Is this a known/fixed issue?

Well, I didn't timeout at all. I was still able to drive or fly, just not type or complete checkpoints. I had something stranger happen today. Though I think a window popped up and it made the keystrokes unrecognizable to MTA since the other window stole focus.

I still have yet to patch my private server. Though I intend to tomorrow. If I can replicate it, I'll post my findings here.

A lot of people get this. First, you see that the checkpoints aren't working, you pass through them but they don't register, and then it won't let you type anything in the chat, and sometimes you get kicked for suspected cheating.

This is probably because your connection drops a packet between you and the server and they lose synch, and then something is triggered in the admin which thinks you're cheating...I really don't know. A lot of people have this issue, although I haven't *yet*.

• 1 year later...

So what? this post is old, I also found another one about same bug but no response yet. i also have it. i only play on LAN with two players and a 6 ms ping so i dont think it come from a desychronisation. but i have no response.

I can only say that it happen all the time, if i die i dont respawn i have to disconnect and begin the race again.. It happen on the two computers, and is completly random. but at least one every 20 minute max. one time it's me, the time after it will be my son, never me or him two times following: i am suddenly unable to pass any checkpoint. my son doesnt see me on his pc, but i can see him.. I will try to reinstall v1.3 server & 1.0 mta to see if it works better.

I also noticed another serious bug: sometimes, randomly, mta crash when i pickup a nitro. i reload mta, reload the race and the time after it works. sometime it crash 2 or 3 time after reloading, always on the same pickup and the tie after it will work. i thought it could be with my PC but it's the same on my son's pc, he just crashed too 10 minutes ago on another ( different ) nitro pickup.. i think it's a bug of mta.

maybe we will hav a chance to get a response. and thks for this good soft.

Going to install SA-mp i think.. mta community is inexistant and the soft is outdated. :roll:

LoL SA-mp is whery laggy and so much gliches :S And they "hopely" is comming to have MTA:DM "the mta team not sa team" out.. It is like SA-mp BUT much better! if you have seen in the time! you will se that they have been making it for 2 YEARS now :) That is good! They are using ther time on making a good game :) so start play SA:mp then.. But i only say.

It is going to be nothing when DM is comming :twisted:

PS: If i did hurt sombody, sorry :)

is there anybody alive on this forum?

Yea we are alive!!! Only playing and are out whits friends :S lol! of cours are we alive. that is a dumb question! you can se that admin's and moderators are not much on. That is becuse they are working on MTA:DM! And when it is comming. This forum is going to have much people's talking!.. Than say that to SA-mp forums! not hear!!!!

read better, i dont care the lag i dont play online, only LAN.

i also dont care DM, i 'm too old for that, i play races.

Your blahblah is funny but doesnt change nothing: you did not responded to my pb and no one did it. and its not only me but 95% of all problems and bugs reported here have no response or no solution.!

in any active community you can ask for a solution if you get a pb, you dont have to wait 5 days to get an displaced response. you dont have a team who dont care to try to fix the bugs in there programm. even if they are supposed to work on another version .. i'm not 13 or 15 , i use to play and design for many simulators game for more than 10 years now, and i use to comunicate about these game, help others and be helped. this community is a teenager one and totally inexistant. I figure it 's the same for the teamwork.

read better, i dont care the lag i dont play online, only LAN.

i also dont care DM, i 'm too old for that, i play races.

Your blahblah is funny but doesnt change nothing: you did not responded to my pb and no one did it. and its not only me but 95% of all problems and bugs reported here have no response or no solution.!

in any active community you can ask for a solution if you get a pb, you dont have to wait 5 days to get an displaced response. you dont have a team who dont care to try to fix the bugs in there programm. even if they are supposed to work on another version .. i'm not 13 or 15 , i use to play and design for many simulators game for more than 10 years now, and i use to comunicate about these game, help others and be helped. this community is a teenager one and totally inexistant. I figure it 's the same for the teamwork.

Ok now i am getting mad... If you dont like our chat/forum type. so what tha hell are you doing hear and why playing it! This simple is it! if we dont respons. so can't we help! Or are the Mta team finhising DM!!!! LOL you are so strange! And why tha hell you have only been on the forum for like

2-3 days! SO STOP COMPLAYNING!!! lol

And why tha hell you have only been on the forum for like

2-3 days!

to see if i had response to a common pb lol. grow up kid... dont worry, i no longer have something to wait here..

• 2 months later...

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank the developpers of this very good mod :)

I also have this bug. After a while, when I'm playing since about 30 minutes, I'm still able to drive in the map, but I can't pass the checkpoints. I go through them and they don't disappear. I have to reload the game to continue playing. I have the last mta version.

PS : i'm french so excuse my english =)

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank the developpers of this very good mod :)

I also have this bug. After a while, when I'm playing since about 30 minutes, I'm still able to drive in the map, but I can't pass the checkpoints. I go through them and they don't disappear. I have to reload the game to continue playing. I have the last mta version.

PS : i'm french so excuse my english =)

labalicious/guile:Lost connection to the server. Happens sometimes.

thanks for the answer.

It seems that there is no really solution...Actually I got this bug every time I play, after a while which is about 30 mins, maybe a bit more. I don't have any other software using my bandwidth.

we (in our server) call this being timed out.

What it really is is a synh error. You desynch with the server, dropped packets whatever it is. If you notice people just driving in circles, chat not working, cps not registering (if the map is a race) then you are desynched.

If you notice it, don't wait and see if it'll resync, it won't. Just disconnect and reconnect to the server.

It's a common problem, but not something that really bothers me. It happens.