client.dll / Crash when logging in on server

~~|Tampon)

Question

Today it suddenly happened for me too. I was playing at FFS, first it starts bugging heavily then the game freezed so I had to close it via taskmanager. When I tried to restart MTA I've got the same error message. I can't join any server nor my map editor.

Version = 1.5.6-release-18427.0.000
Time = Thu Jun  6 22:53:12 2019
Module = D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5\mods\deathmatch\client.dll
Code = 0xC0000005
Offset = 0x00281DCA

EAX=00000000  EBX=01CE98E0  ECX=D031FC29  EDX=64FFC430  ESI=00000004
EDI=01CE8608  EBP=0177F0E8  ESP=0177F0D4  EIP=00349C94  FLG=00210202
CS=0023   DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B   FS=0053  GS=002B

Edited by ~~|Tampon)

6 answers to this question

• MTA Team

Please try the following workaround:

Uninstall MTA completely. Delete the folder (Program Files (x86)) > MTA San Andreas 1.5 after uninstalling using the MTA uninstaller.

* Now move the GTA installation directory (where gta_sa.exe and all data files are located, that is) to another location, in a newly created folder.

* Re-download MTA from https://mtasa.com and clean-install it, but also into a new folder, different from the previous installation directory that you deleted. Make sure of that. Change the installation path in MTA installer wizard.

16 hours ago, ccw said:

Please try the following workaround:

Uninstall MTA completely. Delete the folder (Program Files (x86)) > MTA San Andreas 1.5 after uninstalling using the MTA uninstaller.

* Now move the GTA installation directory (where gta_sa.exe and all data files are located, that is) to another location, in a newly created folder.

* Re-download MTA from https://mtasa.com and clean-install it, but also into a new folder, different from the previous installation directory that you deleted. Make sure of that. Change the installation path in MTA installer wizard.

Ok that fixed it for me now.
But isn't there technically another methode like cleaning the registry editor? Unfortunately I couldn't find something related to MTA.
Another question: Since the reinstallment, the custom timecyc doesn't work anymore?

Edited by ~~|Tampon)
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
9 hours ago, ~~|Tampon) said:

My Timecyc still doesn't work :(
The only way to use my custom Timecyc is when I check the option "use modified GTA:SA files" but the result is I get kicked out of every server...

With "doesn't work" you clearly mean that your game isn't appearing like it is modded.

The reason for this is explained at https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/117279-timecyc-does-not-work/?do=findComment&comment=956021

So as long you don't force MTA to use it anyways (by enabling the "use modified GTA:SA files"), you will be able to play on all servers as MTA will load the default unmodded file into memory. This is an intended change, please refer to the link above.