ping and speed of pc affects player speed?

Guest terrymccann

Question

9 answers to this question

It isn't connection, MTA has never been a server-sided game, so it doesn't check you're position and then correct it when you lag, just reports it to other players.

Better gfx card, lower resolution, lower gfx detail, any of those may help :)

I dropped everything in my game down to minimum (except left resolution at 800x600, instead of trying less), and everything got MUCH MUCH slower.

I then toned down the 3d-adapter settings in ATI Tray tools (to damn near minimum), put the game back at normal settings instead of extreme high or extreme low, and it's almost a playable frame rate in single player, but no matter what the settings, the speed in MTASA doesn't seem to change it all.

CPU speed seems to = your drive speed.

This is just my experience. I would like to try it with my other computer, but it's graphics hardware can't handle SA at all.

Doing things that normally decrease quality and increase speed have apparently zero effect on draw speed and response when MTA is loaded.

I noticed this in MTA:VC to. My friend has a faster pc and connection and we were racing and he always won. His PC was responding to the server faster and he could tell the server info faster.

maybe u just suck?lol

But yeh i have noticed it on my mid spec PC 512mb 4800 g force especially when riding bikes sometime iseem to just not pedal very fast when suddenly il speed up v wierd

Well, me and Phillip noticed this problem too,

and after we bought a new graphics card (with a built-in "GPU" :) )

we were winning all the hotrings!

Another problem that Phil told me,

is that because many cars are grouped

together at the begining of a race,

this results in "chugging" on a low-end computer,

thus slowing down some people at the start of the race.

(that used to be me)

And high-end computers get a greater head-start (duh)