Would this even be possible? (map editor)

I remember long ago, this nice game I used to play. And the simple idea of placing roads. A vertical 1, northwest 1, northeast 1 etc. to make simple paths. There would be diff. textures, such as dirt road, freeway pavement etc. Cause if you go into the map editor, there's 1000+ road models that would be almost impossible to make a simple village.

I remember long ago, this nice game I used to play. And the simple idea of placing roads. A vertical 1, northwest 1, northeast 1 etc. to make simple paths. There would be diff. textures, such as dirt road, freeway pavement etc. Cause if you go into the map editor, there's 1000+ road models that would be almost impossible to make a simple village.

micromachines? gta 1?

I'm not sure...can't remember...

But as for the 1000+ models/dirt road etc textures part, that's in the map editor for SA.

OH! Yeah! Sim City! You know how ya can add roads so dang easy? Yeah, except in SA, there would be more then 1 texture.

what i would like to see is that the ring checkpoints (only ring checkpoints) would have the same height as the one you cloned it from, maybe make it a extra option, like pressing f10 instead of f9.

takes less time to make plane races :)

I would rather do it manually with entering the coordinates myself, but i coudnt find a faq on entering the position in numbers :S

All I want for the map editor is better camera angles, the damn thing is annoying when trying to place something.

What's wrong with the camera angles? You mean camera controls?

edit:

what i would like to see is that the ring checkpoints (only ring checkpoints) would have the same height as the one you cloned it from, maybe make it a extra option, like pressing f10 instead of f9.

takes less time to make plane races :)

I would rather do it manually with entering the coordinates myself, but i coudnt find a faq on entering the position in numbers :S

If I recall correctly you can press F3 when you have a checkpoint selected, and re-enter the position. Or you can just open the .map up in notepad.

All I want for the map editor is better camera angles, the damn thing is annoying when trying to place something.

I agree. I'd prefer to have a zoomable overhead view for placing objects, with the option to cut to the "free" camera for previewing it.

I also had the idea of a simpler road placement system from Railroad Tycoon. In that game, you just click and drag and road segments are added to the map. When you reach a hill, the road segments automatically change angle to fit the slope of the hill. It'd be more intuitive than the current system BUT you'd reach the object limit a lot sooner.

yeh, but it are a lot of digits I dont know wich is wich axis >,<

but meh ill try it out sometime

X (length), Y (width), Z (height)

It might be easier to change it in the .map file though so you don't have to re-enter the X and Y every time if you just want to change the Z.

I also had the idea of a simpler road placement system from Railroad Tycoon. In that game, you just click and drag and road segments are added to the map. When you reach a hill, the road segments automatically change angle to fit the slope of the hill. It'd be more intuitive than the current system BUT you'd reach the object limit a lot sooner.

Yeah, same exact thing for Sim City.

But in SA, when ya reach a slope or hill, it seems a new model is used. Like you said, object limit=faster reached.

What's wrong with the camera angles? You mean camera controls?

yes, we need camera controls!!! its damn anoying when im trying to put something and i cant see if i put it right