MTA froze when quiting

vilim

Ok, I opened topic in wrong place, so I opened it again here! Here is the problem!

I play MTA:SA, then I disconect and want to quit MTA, but when I press quit it just frozes! I try ALT+F4, ALT+CTRL+DEL, everything but just white mouse cursor appears and I can't do anything, I need to reset computer! This happenes every time when I am quiting from MTA, but only after I was playing online! If I was using Map editor, it doesn't froze! Can someone send this to AJH or someone else to fix this problem? Thank you!

I think it is the problem. Pirating software is illegal and the MTA team do not support it, therefore it should not be discussed here.

If you really want to play the game, go and buy it like the rest of us.

:arrow: lock this topic please.

Ok, I opened topic in wrong place, so I opened it again here! Here is the problem!

I play MTA:SA, then I disconect and want to quit MTA, but when I press quit it just frozes! I try ALT+F4, ALT+CTRL+DEL, everything but just white mouse cursor appears and I can't do anything, I need to reset computer! This happenes every time when I am quiting from MTA, but only after I was playing online! If I was using Map editor, it doesn't froze! Can someone send this to AJH or someone else to fix this problem? Thank you!

This is intentional. You cannot alt+tab from ingame. Please follow these steps:

1) If you are on a server press 'Esc' and then 'Disconnect' so you return to the MTASA main menu

If you are in the map editor, keep pressing Esc and follow on screen instructions so that you quit to the MTASA main menu

2) Press ALT+Tab and you will return to desktop.

3) Press CTRL + ALT + DEL and select MTA: San ANdreas and End Task

• 1 month later...

You cant alt and tab from the main menu either :/ and also to the post up there about cd cracks being illegal or whatever..... Do you know that going in to physical memory and manipulating gta (what was dont to make this work) is also illegal?!?!?!?

I have bought san andreas but my dvd player has a mind of its own and sometimes it wont load so for every one of my games i get a nocd crack.. loads the game up well faster. Any chance of and alt - tab feature being put back in so i can atleast press ctrl-alt-del to kil the process instead of needing to restart my pc after every session.

Modifying the memory of a process running on your PC is not illegal. Even if it was, two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes it is illegal, its called "reverse engineering" read the t's&c's that come with every game =).

Not saying that two wrongs make a right but it annoys me when people get all high and mighty when you are doing something to make a game that you BOUGHT work thats all.

Ohh and yeah villim i have found a way to close gta without having to restart ur pc... Press ctrl+alt+del then press alt+e and that will close it down :)

You might want to press 'G' before you press ALT+E so you don't close the wrong process. This is assuming, of course, that you cannot see the task manager... and hopefuly you have no other processes with names that start with 'G' :D

Modifying the memory of a process running on your PC is not illegal. Even if it was, two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes it is illegal, its called "reverse engineering" read the t's&c's that come with every game =).

Not saying that two wrongs make a right but it annoys me when people get all high and mighty when you are doing something to make a game that you BOUGHT work thats all.

correct me if im wrong, but memory hacking isnt illegal. its only if you reverse engineer the .exe itself that it becomes illegal

No memory hacking in itself isnt illegal, its widely used to find bugs/compatibility issuses in programs and hardware so that theese can be sorted out e.g amd done it with intel cpu's so that they can be made to work without issues with software but nowadays with most games anyway any type of memory hacking is USUALLY stated to be a breach of the eula you agree to when you click yes when ur about to install the game.

I too purchased this game, but use a cracked .exe because my DVD drive goes crazy half the time when it spins up. It's very annoying when half of the time it works and half of the time it does not. The crack fixes my problem, and I will continue using it until I can afford to buy a new drive.