My MTA crashes before joining any server.

SantV

Question

Hey.

Suddenly my MTA does not work anymore and crashes all the time; i need help.

Here's the crash.

Code: 
Version = 1.5.6-release-18427.0.000
Time = Tue May 21 20:10:10 2019
Module = C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5\mods\deathmatch\client.dll
Code = 0xC0000005
Offset = 0x00281DCA

EAX=00000000  EBX=01BB2698  ECX=80A75D8E  EDX=5024C430  ESI=00000004
EDI=01BB8C70  EBP=0177F0E8  ESP=0177F0D4  EIP=00349C94  FLG=00210202
CS=0023   DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B   FS=0053  GS=002B

My MTA always crashes when i wanna join any server, ty for the help. 

6 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

This crash, client.dll @ 0x00281xxx, has received attention on MTA discord's #support channel yesterday, and I will make a summary of the situation for you.

A handful of users are suffering this crash which we cannot understand from any recent change. In fact, even downgrading MTA to older builds from months ago won't resolve it, even though some others assumed the onset was related to yesterday's MTA updates.

We believe it's related to something Microsoft recently did, with (hidden, silent) Windows updates for all their OSes. It seems it started happening (or suddenly increasing) on builds that were previously unaffected. Even though the amount of impacted MTA users is low, we understand the severity of this issue (because it totally prevents you from running MTA at all) which is why we're actively investigating it. Unfortunately, at this moment we cannot offer you a solution, although some others managed to solve it by following a few steps (of which we still don't know how many are relevant or why; just try them all):

- Uninstall MTA completely, and move your GTA installation to another directory. Now re-install MTA (download: https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/?mtasa-1.5-rc-latest), into another directory than previously as well. Try running now.

If this doesn't resolve it, then for now you're out of luck; we will inform you once we can offer you a solution. @SantV

• Like 3

What you can try is , in settings go to video and then on Fullscreen mode try to set borderless window instead of standard, for many people this setup works.

wiVBdmK.png

Why it actually works , no idea..

Edited by smoq
On 22/05/2019 at 07:37, Dutchman101 said:

This crash, client.dll @ 0x00281xxx, has received attention on MTA discord's #support channel yesterday, and I will make a summary of the situation for you.

A handful of users are suffering this crash which we cannot understand from any recent change. In fact, even downgrading MTA to older builds from months ago won't resolve it, even though some others assumed the onset was related to yesterday's MTA updates.

We believe it's related to something Microsoft recently did, with (hidden, silent) Windows updates for all their OSes. It seems it started happening (or suddenly increasing) on builds that were previously unaffected. Even though the amount of impacted MTA users is low, we understand the severity of this issue (because it totally prevents you from running MTA at all) which is why we're actively investigating it. Unfortunately, at this moment we cannot offer you a solution, although some others managed to solve it by following a few steps (of which we still don't know how many are relevant or why; just try them all):

- Uninstall MTA completely, and move your GTA installation to another directory. Now re-install MTA (download: https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/?mtasa-1.5-rc-latest), into another directory than previously as well. Try running now.

If this doesn't resolve it, then for now you're out of luck; we will inform you once we can offer you a solution. @SantV

Thanks!
I did this steps yesterday and it was fixed but yesterday i got crash again.

PD: I tried using many resolutions and borderless window but the crash keep.