cant load MTA, screen disappears after few seconds...

gtaman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were given a solution that should work, you chose not to try it. Im not sure what more anyone can do for you.
offline 2 player mod thing

What offline 2 player mod thing? Sounds interesting.

someone released a mod to put the 2 player mode found in the Xbox and PS2 versions of the game back into the SCM

Oh wait. About deleting the gta_sa set file. I misunderstood what you ment! Once I delete the file and reinstall MTA, then see if GTASA loads. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll reply back with my results. If this doesn't work then I guess GTA online will be outta my reach. [-o<

( Or maybe my computer is just retarted... :( )

no no, you delete the file then go and play single player, set your res and keys back up then reinstall mta and then try, playing single player before trying mta does solve a few issues, because single player sets some things up that multiplayer doesnt

k i'll see if it works. for res do u mean resolution? i cant access my advanced display options. It justs crashes and returns to my desktop. lastly, do i have do delete my sav files and start a new one for it to work?

thanks

Edited by Guest

hmm i deleted the gta.set file a while ago. I restored my keys to default. I restored my display options but I'm not too sure if it also resets the advanced options as well... I tryed it and same stuff... maybe i'll install both again. ... do i need any previous mta versions like 0.5 to use this? or maybe im missing something.. hmmm

Alright! I got on. I was looking at another page about graphic/video upgrades and I installed one that helped them and it worked! But its one problem after another! I'm having Server problems but it shouldn't be that hard to fix. Thanks everyone! :D

Oh wait hold on its doing it again. Crap! :?

I know how to get MTA running at least. I have to reinstall my drivers everytime. When it asks for me to reset my computer and i say yes it doesn't reset. When i shutdown and reload it says its loading drivers and when i go to play MTA its not doing it so i go and reinstall etc... Im not too sure. I have Dell 2650 display and no other kinda display... I downloaded the, I think its ATi 9600 something. Do I have to have a previous ATi driver in to fix it or buy one?

P.S. i played online and man it was fun(ny). :P i love it when loads of people either blow up, crash, get into a huge pile up and traffic jam, then they swear bout lag! Also the random vehicles ae cool and can be annoying (watercraft on land!? C'mon !) I especially enjoy jumping to building 2 building but thats just me! Now if only I can stop my popups from coming up and disrupting my game...) :?

Have fun!

who gives a rats ass if he triple posts? the man is giving us a rundown of how hes been trying to fix his problem (again the blind leading the blind without the damn devs here)..

what happens when he triple posts? does your computer crash? does your mom have to get heart surgery? does the internet bog down?

no. so stop bitching. and dont try to respond with some stupid "technical" reason he shouldnt triple post - you will make a fool of yourself.

who gives a rats ass if he triple posts? the man is giving us a rundown of how hes been trying to fix his problem (again the blind leading the blind without the damn devs here)..

what happens when he triple posts? does your computer crash? does your mom have to get heart surgery? does the internet bog down?

no. so stop bitching. and dont try to respond with some stupid "technical" reason he shouldnt triple post - you will make a fool of yourself.

Somehow I don't think the above person is kryptos. Far too many swearwords, not enough paragraphs and the post relates to the thread. :P

I've been using the ID Kryptos for around 10 years, I doubt this other Kryptos even knows it's Greek for "hidden".

Somehow I don't think the above person is kryptos. Far too many swearwords, not enough paragraphs and the post relates to the thread. :P

I've been using the ID Kryptos for around 10 years, I doubt this other Kryptos even knows it's Greek for "hidden".

I know how to get MTA running at least. I have to reinstall my drivers everytime.
Hi, this is because Windows File Protection is restoring some older driver files. To solve this you need to use a free utility called Driver Cleaner Pro (http://www.drivercleaner.net).

It's important to follow their guidleines on how to make a successful clean but it worked for me as I had exactly the same issues with some other games (obviously not with MTA because I learnt before how to avoid it - I have a Radeon X800XT with 6.1 Drivers (6.2 available now tho)).

This is a common enough issue which this utility has been created to remedy. I hope it helps you.

I know how to get MTA running at least. I have to reinstall my drivers everytime.
Hi, this is because Windows File Protection is restoring some older driver files. To solve this you need to use a free utility called Driver Cleaner Pro (http://www.drivercleaner.net).

It's important to follow their guidleines on how to make a successful clean but it worked for me as I had exactly the same issues with some other games (obviously not with MTA because I learnt before how to avoid it - I have a Radeon X800XT with 6.1 Drivers (6.2 available now tho)).

This is a common enough issue which this utility has been created to remedy. I hope it helps you.

Uh Thanks But since my computers R.I.P. I'm gonna have 2 wait until I get a new one and see how the new graphic drivers work. I'll post it when I get it. Thanks