MTA frame limiter

Liviu

I don't know about you but im struggling this hard because for stunting (no not the MTA default map, thats childs play) i must have good fps...to react to the environment, wheelie in the right moment, steer at an exact point, (stop to) cork or krail at a precise time and so on. I can't do this stuff accurately at ~22-25 FPS, let alone race with another 20 people. 30 FPS frame limiter would be....acceptable.

I don't know about users with high-end PC's but if one has a crappy PC then he should play at 640x480 with low detail so he can stand a chance in MTA. If he likes to play at 1024 but with 18~23 FPS then its not MTA's fault he is allways slowest in a straight line.Someway or another, i guess(not sure about this one) if a PC can run SA it can run it at 30(with low everything)..it doesnt apply for 64 MB video cards and such but most of us have 128(+).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then just the whole game probably isn't something for you, becouse single player allso runs 25 fps max, and yes you can ofcourse switch off the framelimiter, but the game doesn't refresh with this limit, but it builds on this limit, the game doesn't get shocky animations etc becouse, the whole game runs slower, so you can play single player good on a bad pc becouse everything justs gets some slower, and not unplayable by the messed up animations and enviroments.

you get the same with a higher framelimit, then the game will run unnaturally fast, and so will the npc's react and you drive and shoot etc, so it will only get harder to make good stunts then.

I don't need to interact with anything when stunting, unlike racing, at most i have to wait for someone whos packer (for example) to set it up for a p2b, then everything else could freeze for all i care, i just need it to move more realistically(30+ fps) so i have better reaction times.I tried to understand your post but i failed. I'm not english and frankly i didnt understand one fkin word out of it, i just hope my explanation is on-target, lol.

i looked through the thread rather briefly and noone seemed to give a possible reason why you are getting 20 fps instead of 25... well theres alot more strain for mtasa. You have 32 players synced in 32 cars all synced together along with custom objects and moving pickup icons. I get a big drop in fps at starting lines but when things spread out it works nice. You may have to face the fact that your pc just can't handle it. I know a lot of people got low fps on my "destruction derby" map, its not surprising as 32 vehicles stay clustered in the same general area around extra created objects.

• 5 months later...

The frame limiter is so OBVIOUSLY on...This is the only huge downfall about MTA in my opinion. I play SA-MP (sorry if those are forbidden words, lol) and the LOWEST framerate I have EVER gotten was 35...and that was in smoke...because I have a 512 MB GDDR3 x1800 XT... Usually I get around 70 or so. MTA has the frame limiter on...and it REALLY makes the game less playable...I wish it was at least turned up to like 40 or 45...because 25 makes my eyes angry. I really hope this is an option in DM or is chagned or something because that will REALLY suck if it is still on.

The frame limiter is so OBVIOUSLY on...This is the only huge downfall about MTA in my opinion. I play SA-MP (sorry if those are forbidden words, lol) and the LOWEST framerate I have EVER gotten was 35...and that was in smoke...because I have a 512 MB GDDR3 x1800 XT... Usually I get around 70 or so. MTA has the frame limiter on...and it REALLY makes the game less playable...I wish it was at least turned up to like 40 or 45...because 25 makes my eyes angry. I really hope this is an option in DM or is chagned or something because that will REALLY suck if it is still on.
lol maybe you have to read the other posts in this topic aswell. and allso check the last post date.