MTA frame limiter

Liviu

How the hell can i turn on the VERY VERY annoying frame limiter? when i play SA normally i get about 60-65 FPS at all speeds but in MTA i get 24 and when i get to high speed with a vehicle it drops down to 19-20...so annoying...is there anyway to turn it off in MTA too ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine drops to 19-20 and i guarantee its not because of my configuration.... :cry: lock it to 30 or 35 in future releases please so i wont have this problem,at high speeds i cant do anything right...

Ok let me change my question:

Why instead of 24-25 FPS i get 19-20 ? it only happens in MTA ,in SP i (as i said before) i get 60 at all times,i need an answer its very annoying !!!

I doubt that,from 50 FPS in Single Player to 20 in MTA (at the same configuration) there is a big difference...MTA..is doing SOMETHING wich makes my game run slow.I understand there aint much one can do now but please in further releases atleast consider upping the limit to 30

20 in MTA (at the same configuration) there is a big difference...MTA..is doing SOMETHING wich makes my game run slow.I understand there aint much one can do now but please in further releases atleast consider upping the limit to 30

If your computer can only manage 20 FPS then MTA upping the frame limiter to 30 FPS wouldn't have any effect for you, you would still be going at 20.

20 in MTA (at the same configuration) there is a big difference...MTA..is doing SOMETHING wich makes my game run slow.I understand there aint much one can do now but please in further releases atleast consider upping the limit to 30

If your computer can only manage 20 FPS then MTA upping the frame limiter to 30 FPS wouldn't have any effect for you, you would still be going at 20.

All i know is when i run GTA SA in single player the game FLYS. With MTA SA this frame limiter thing is really annoying. The same thing used to happen with MTA 0.5

GTA VC used to fly in single player but in MTA it ran much slower.

When VC-MP came out they did not use this frame rate limiter and it worked PERFECT.

I think what ever this thing is that limits the frame rate needs to be disabled because it seems to me as if it does more bad than good. I have a P IV computer with an ATI 9600XT so there is nothing wrong with the Hardware

It should be up to the computer user to have a computer that is good enough to cope with modern software rather than spoil the fun of the game for all players. I can’t think of any commercial games that has anything like this that you can not turn off.

But that’s just my opinion.

Thanks for such a cool mod MTA!!

I don't see how limiting the framerate to 25 spoils the fun in any way at all. Unless of course you are one of these people who is more obsessed with statistics like winmark scores and FPS than actually playing games?

It has been explained more than once the very real reasons for applying a universal limit in this way.

25fps is perfectly playable and uninstrusive.

All i know is when i run GTA SA in single player the game FLYS. With MTA SA this frame limiter thing is really annoying. The same thing used to happen with MTA 0.5

0.5 didn't force the frame limiter.

It should be up to the computer user to have a computer that is good enough to cope with modern software rather than spoil the fun of the game for all players. I can’t think of any commercial games that has anything like this that you can not turn off.

That's because commercial games are server side.

I don't see how limiting the framerate to 25 spoils the fun in any way at all. Unless of course you are one of these people who is more obsessed with statistics like winmark scores and FPS than actually playing games?

It has been explained more than once the very real reasons for applying a universal limit in this way.

Actually.. there is a big visual difference between 25 fps and 30+ fps, and I can see why some people think it's intrusive.

Actually.. there is a big visual difference between 25 fps and 30+ fps, and I can see why some people think it's intrusive.

Point is, the objects in single player doesnt have to be syncd to anything else, just you and they limit the frames so people with good pc's dont have an advantage over people with poor pc's

Like i said before. People like us that work very hard to get good computers should not have to suffer because there are other people out there running bad hardware. You won’t see any commercial games like that

Point is, the objects in single player doesnt have to be syncd to anything else, just you and they limit the frames so people with good pc's dont have an advantage over people with poor pc's

Like i said before. People like us that work very hard to get good computers should not have to suffer because there are other people out there running bad hardware. You won’t see any commercial games like that