Cant connect to servers on linux!

tommymaster

Question

Hi! I want to play MTA:SA on linux, but everytime i want to join a server, im getting kicked, with the reason:

(SD #16 021A)
Ensure no other program is modifying MTA:SA

Also what about the servers that doesnt allow Wine? Because as far as i know there are some.

3 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

For the kick, it looks like something in your Wine environment is causing non-critical AC (driver) components being blocked or limited

From https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Anti-cheat_guide:

7 hours ago, tommymaster said:

(SD #16 021A)
Ensure no other program is modifying MTA:SA

SD #16    

Disallow disabled anti-cheat components. This is triggered when an anti-cheat component can not start. It is usually due to some problem with the PC and might be fixed by a reboot. Can also be triggered by a virus.

7 hours ago, tommymaster said:

Also what about the servers that doesnt allow Wine? Because as far as i know there are some.

SD #16 (the kick above) only happens when servers added this special detection into mtaserver.conf manually, so you should still be able to join most servers even if Wine is blocking non-critical components of the MTA AC driver/components. If you cannot resolve it (find out why components are being blocked in your Wine environment), then you can try talking to the server owner and see if they can add an exception for you (custom handling of SD detections) or stop blocking it. Otherwise, just play on the majority of servers that don't block it.

However, servers can also block Wine entirely by enabling yet another special detection:

SD #28    

Disallow Linux Wine

Also please note that Wine is currently unsupported from a (technical) support perspective and that getting it to work without major issues on MTA is tricky, and most often very rare to succeed. If you encounter further issues after passing by these kicks, then we advise you to use an alternative.

@tommymaster

3 hours ago, Dutchman101 said:

For the kick, it looks like something in your Wine environment is causing non-critical AC (driver) components being blocked or limited

From https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Anti-cheat_guide:

SD #16    

Disallow disabled anti-cheat components. This is triggered when an anti-cheat component can not start. It is usually due to some problem with the PC and might be fixed by a reboot. Can also be triggered by a virus. 

SD #16 (the kick above) only happens when servers added this special detection into mtaserver.conf manually, so you should still be able to join most servers even if Wine is blocking non-critical components of the MTA AC driver/components. If you cannot resolve it (find out why components are being blocked in your Wine environment), then you can try talking to the server owner and see if they can add an exception for you (custom handling of SD detections) or stop blocking it. Otherwise, just play on the majority of servers that don't block it.

However, servers can also block Wine entirely by enabling yet another special detection:

SD #28    

Disallow Linux Wine

Also please note that Wine is currently unsupported from a (technical) support perspective and that getting it to work without major issues on MTA is tricky, and most often very rare to succeed. If you encounter further issues after passing by these kicks, then we advise you to use an alternative.

@tommymaster

Hey! Thanks for your answer! I can play on the majority of the servers but not my favorite ones. Im sure its not a virus thats blocking my AC components.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
2 hours ago, tommymaster said:

I can play on the majority of the servers but not my favorite ones. Im sure its not a virus thats blocking my AC components.

Maybe it's common when playing MTA on Wine.. like, inevitable that not everything works as it should. Someone that also got MTA running on Wine could check their AC status (onPlayerACInfo) to verify this theory.

Also, it would be valuable to others if you write up the steps you used to get Wine working on MTA. I know certain configuration had others (almost) succeed recently, despite the end of support due to issues (total blocks), but they had to fiddle a lot without knowing what exactly, working around issue after issue.