Vehicle Capture the Flag Race/Map/Mod thing

k i really dont know about how to mod this. but none the less i'm gonna share it with everyone and see if its possible..

as some of you may know vCTF for UT2K4 is fun, so i thought hey why not in MTA... since its a race mod only right now i thought this might be a fun twist for it...

Basically like regular CTF but with cars duh... i dont know how this would be possible or if it even is yet... My guess is when the SDK is done yes but idk right now...

need a scroing system and a way to make teams...

like red team all red cars, and blue team all blue cars, or whatever colors u want...

to any score u want... like first to 5 wins...

so u gotta race across town to the other teams base grab their flag and high tail it home to your base to score a point.

idk i liked playing this on UT and i think it would be kickass on MTA

This could be done with a vehicle pickup IF you could make single use ones. As far as I know if there is a pickup its universal, all can use it. If it was single use you could use it to turn the opponents vehicle into the 'flag' vehicle, motorcycle into ice cream truck for example. Which you would then return to your own base to end the map. Unfortunately with it being universal everyone could change into the icecream truck, defeating the object :/

ATTN: Ransom' and Aeron

I've heard you 2 are the best mappers there is...

so i was wondering if u think this is possible at this time. i really think this could be a lot of fun and wondering if either of u have any input on how to figure this out. Anything u know that would help would be awesome..

ATTN: Ransom' and Aeron

I've heard you 2 are the best mappers there is...

so i was wondering if u think this is possible at this time. i really think this could be a lot of fun and wondering if either of u have any input on how to figure this out. Anything u know that would help would be awesome..

It's up to the developers if they want to add something like this in a future race mod release.

make 2 bases with cps

spawn 1 team at base 1 and the 2nd team at base 2

place a few vehicle change pickups at both bases so the team could change to tanks and whatnot to defend their base against incoming enemies, or make bikes the initial starting vehicle and let some players spawn as tanks etc (per editing the map file manually)

you could make bases as small so only bikes can enter them either with a small entrance or so that they have to jump into the base per ramps

you make cp 1 in base 1 , cp 2 in base 2, cp 3 in base 1, cp 4 in base 2

theres your first crappy ctf mode, well its actually more like defend and attack but almost the same :f

maybe theres a better way, i just rushed this together..

thought about making it myself but in the end i didnt include any races at all in our release package ;o

I dont think this would work unless you only have one 'flag' in a central area. You cant use checkpoints in each base because it has to be the same checkpoint order for everyone.

Jon you said a pickup can be set to respawn, does that mean only one person can get it, or everyone can only get it once per x minutes?

Depending on the answer, one way or another as described above should be fairly simple to do. The key I think will be choosing a suitable location. (I have a few in mind) I'm tempted to have a go at this myself but don'treally think I have the time until the weekend.

I dont think this would work unless you only have one 'flag' in a central area. You cant use checkpoints in each base because it has to be the same checkpoint order for everyone.

Jon you said a pickup can be set to respawn, does that mean only one person can get it, or everyone can only get it once per x minutes?

Depending on the answer, one way or another as described above should be fairly simple to do. The key I think will be choosing a suitable location. (I have a few in mind) I'm tempted to have a go at this myself but don'treally think I have the time until the weekend.

Timed pickups are synced for all players, so if one person goes through it and it has a 60 second respawn time, no one will see it for 60 seconds.

And I don't see the above idea working without great cooperation from both teams, because there is nothing stopping them from going through the checkpoint at their own bases (instead of the other team trying to go through it to 'capture it' as intended). And it wouldn't necessarily have to be the same cp order for everyone, the teams can take turns attacking/capturing and defending.

same order but always switching bases, zig zag style, one team has to enter the others base and get the cp, then they get the cp in their own base (which is easy) and then they get the next one.. none of both teams has an advantage, just place the first and the last cp in the middle of the map

or you could do something like this:

let all players spawn with a sanchez, make a trial part where the goal is to get on an elevated platform

on that platform theres a help change pickup with a respawn time of 1 min, place the cp on another higher platform and make it a veh change to sanchez

theres tons of possibilities if you consider putting corona cps into houses so theyre only accessible to bikes, put them into the air so theyre only accessible to aircraft and using cps to force players to different vehicles..

the only question is in what way you want to challenge the players

should they be working together and coordinate attack and defense?

should the vehicle change that leads to the win be in the middle of the map and each team tries to know out the other in order to get it themselves?

should teams have to do certain tasts to get to veh changes?

id like to try a stunt parcour where you have to master a stunt to get to the cp which changes you to the next vehicle to do the next stunt etc

ctf has mostly to do with attacking/defending so i though you were looking for such a map idea although i think defending with vehicles would suck so i think having a vehicle pickup in the middle of the map as key to success would be more fun (especially cause players on pubs never work together..)

I like Bump's idea about a central vehicle change pickup. You could use an MTAMA script to detect when the player with the vehicle is either killed or successfully enters the enemy's base, thus terminating the map. Blue does report such data back to MTAMA, doesn't it?

I like Bump's idea about a central vehicle change pickup. You could use an MTAMA script to detect when the player with the vehicle is either killed or successfully enters the enemy's base, thus terminating the map. Blue does report such data back to MTAMA, doesn't it?

I'm afraid not, the features of admin+ is past releases arent available anymore

that sounds good too,

so basically what i am thinking isn't possible yet...

i was thinking more along the lines of vCTF fot UT2k4...

just like that but for MTA.

basically like to teams red cars vs blue cars on opposite sides of the map, in their bases. red team drives over to the blue teams base trys to get in and drive over a veh change to a whoopie, then has to drive back to the red base go over a cp to score a point and then he turns back inot a car to go and get more points...

and i was thiking like in the base there would be veh change pick ups for whatever you want, like a bullet to get there fast or a bike, or a tank to defend, or maybe hydra's and hunters to attack but i think that would make it too easy..

i was also thinking is there a way to make all the players invinicible or to make them respawn cuz say ur driving along to the other teams base and u flip on a wicked turn and your screwed. you should be able to spawn back to your base like in regular games.

this to me sounds like more than a map the more and more i think about it..

sounds like maybe a future game mode that ould be developed after the SDK is released?