[Blog] RSS Map Downloader (by eAi)

orappa

As people may be aware, we switched our webserver software just after the MTA release, as our old webserver could not cope with the number of hits our site is getting. This has caused a few issues with the parts of MTA that interact with our webserver - the anti-cheat and the rss map downloader. This is because our new webserver seems less to follow a smaller subset of the HTTP protocol, either way, the end effect is that the anti-cheat definition files fail to download (see an older blog post for a manual solution for this) and the rss map downloader fails to actually do any downloading!

Anyway, we'll be releasing a new server soon to fix this issue with anti-cheat and a few other issues, but in the meantime, I've just quickly fixed the RSS map downloader. If you run a MTA server, you should download this fix. Currently it is only avaliable for Windows, we expect to release a linux version tomorrow (Wednesday).

You can download the Windows fix here.

We've had loads of maps submitted to our MTA center in the few hours its been up - if you run a server, go and download some, if you play them, go and comment and rate them!

Edited by Guest

Do I understand this correctly? People upload thier maps to the center and the rss automatically downloads them to servers?

What happens when somebody uploads a map that crashes the game as many seem to when not made correctly? Or maps made specifically to annoy the players. Or simply poor ones?

My understanding was that you can set up RSS "profiles" in your account and then import them into this program. To avoid poor quality races, do a search for races with 4 stars or above and then click the RSS button to create a feed.

Is the uploader blocked from rating his own map? Also does a single vote give it that rank? (i.e A single person votes 5/5 it gets ranked 5 until other votes come in)

Yes the uploader is blocked from voting.

At the moment, yes a single vote will give it that rank, but we're working on ranking them also by the number of votes.

Hi,

Please I need to delete my map on the map center...

How can I do this?

Please send me a PM, if you can help me.

Thx

PS : the description is not update, when we update the version of a map.

->It's good, Chrml have helped me. My map has been correctly updated.

Thx