Securely sending scripts from server to client

Hi there.

I gotta send script files from server to clients, and I'm not sure what would be the best way to make it secure (encryption, salting, hashing, how it would work, which ones to use, etc.) as at the moment they are being sent in plain text which is obviously insecure.

I am sending them over triggerClientEvent function if that is important to this discussion.

Edited by John Smith

Hi there,

First of all it really depends on how much security you're talking about, the heaviest security i can think of atm is first using MTA luac encryption with level 2 obfuscate then using a key based encryption on that file which that key would be time base generated like OTP, which each time a client ask for scripts it would be encrypted based on time then it'll be sent to client which there it would be decrypted by a key fetched from the server with which has a time limit for each serial to request that key.(for example 30 times for each resource in one hour)
The only limit for security is your imagination...

Which key-based encryption to use? I tried looking up AES for Lua, but due to mta "wanting to be safe" it doesn't allow some of the functions which are required for it to work.
How exactly do I implement encryption, and then decryption so that clients can decrypt it without them being able to compromise all encrypted files (since they'd know how to decrypt a key)?
And what about salting, should I do it, how should I do it...
Is there something better than AES which I could use?
Should I make a PHP script so that it can return aes-encrypted script to server (to circumvent the issue of lua aes not working on mta)?

Edit: what about https://github.com/thenuke321/Advanced-Lua-Encryption- ?

Edited by John Smith