Vote map

is it just me or is the vote map getting annoying?

the vote map is great if everyone is dead except one, or if a couple of guys are left and they decide to just sit and not end the game bla bla bla.

but its when you have a race that just started and maybe you are the select few that made it past the fast dash for the first waypoint in third with a smoker ahead when bam.....someone does a Vote map because they are out of the race. well you are racing ahead see the vote map and hit F2 thinking my vote counts then you see vote passed. there may have been ten players left and maybe 5 that can actually finish the race but you will never see the end because a bunch of kids got kicked out early and want to play the freerome map.

i have the same scenerio for the destruction derby map, only most of the people dont like it because that cant grasp the fact that its a destruction derby.

if there is a fix, make it so the vote map function is better regulated. like the percent ratio of F2 and F1 hotkey.

ex F2 counts as 2 votes and F1 counts as one or however its set up, because i am getting tired of maps changing in the middle of the map.

phew, i feel better.....

Id like to see something like the map vote mod that was used in Unreal Tournment. If a map was voted for, you wouldnt be allowed to vote for it again for X number of maps. It would atleast stop people from spamming destruction derby/break over and over and over and over and over (you get the idea) again.

Hi, I have two suggestions:

- Make dead player's votes count less, as dead players tend to vote yes so

they can play again

- Players can vote maps all the time and the map with most votes will start

after the race finished. But then you still need a feature to skip the current

race..

I was going to suggest the vote next map too. But also, Matthew, you can set the percentage to pass a vote on your server. I think 80% is about right. Most people are decent and will wait out the race, but when you get a server full of babies it is really annoying. 80% to pass should sort it though

Well, what I'm personally in favor of is voting for the next map and adding a time limit to maps (set by the map author). We could still allow admins to start instant map change votes. If we also allowed respawning in maps, I think this would solve most people's issues.

Well, what I'm personally in favor of is voting for the next map and adding a time limit to maps (set by the map author). We could still allow admins to start instant map change votes. If we also allowed respawning in maps, I think this would solve most people's issues.

Sounds good, but I think there still must be the possibility to skip the

current race by players. Nothing would be worse than a server where

you cant do anything because every player is dead except those two guys

still standing at the spawn because they are afk :roll: (given that the map

time limit is optional and the author didn't set one)

Maybe respawning should have a limit too (set by author), so races won't

go on forever. If joining players could just start from the start ( o_O ) in

the current race would be nice too :)

That's what the per-map time limit is for. If you vote for next map, all you have to do is wait till either a) the race ends, or b) the time limit for that map expires.

Another option is to allow for override (using the percent-vote-yes thing, and have it obscenely high, say %95 or %100), so if you don't want to wait for the time limit, and neither does anyone else, you can still change maps.

(Yar! first post)

As I said, if the time limit is optional and the author didn't set one you

can wait till xmas :P And if there was a maximum timelimit it had to

be very high as there are some very long tracks, you have to consider

them... so if the automatic time limit is at 10 minutes this could also make

most players leave the server if everybody died after 2 minutes (except

those two dudes still afk :evil: ).

You can set the percentage to pass a vote on your server from 0 % to 100%. If you set 100 5 that will mean so everybody must Accept this vote.

But like sad UK Red -- 80% is good number.

This is what everyone seems to do. 100%, Which gets incredibly annoying because someone hits 'No' because they don't like the map. :?

You can set the percentage to pass a vote on your server from 0 % to 100%. If you set 100 5 that will mean so everybody must Accept this vote.

But like sad UK Red -- 80% is good number.

This is what everyone seems to do. 100%, Which gets incredibly annoying because someone hits 'No' because they don't like the map. :?

Well, what I'm personally in favor of is voting for the next map

A server had this up (majestic something I believe), Said he developed it himself because he hated the current vote system. I'm ignorant, so I have no idea what the format is called. Wasn't using the /, But instead !votemap nameofmap; Allowing the most votes to win, and the map will be ran after the current game ends. Works way better than the current setup.

Well, what I'm personally in favor of is voting for the next map

A server had this up (majestic something I believe), Said he developed it himself because he hated the current vote system. I'm ignorant, so I have no idea what the format is called. Wasn't using the /, But instead !votemap nameofmap; Allowing the most votes to win, and the map will be ran after the current game ends. Works way better than the current setup.