[News/Blog] MTA Center (24/01/2006 @ 21:38 CET) by Kent747

Blokker_1999

• MTA Team

We hope everyone is having fun with the map editor. As many of the community have pointed out, it is quite hard to get your maps onto a server so you can play them with other people. Server owners also need a way to find new and fun maps to put on their servers. While MTA:SA R1 was in development, a seperate web development team was hard at work creating a site designed for sharing maps. We′ve just released the site to the public, you can visit it here.

Thanks to our web development team Harry, DominionSpy and Xertoz for their work on the site, as well as the QA team for testing and breaking things. More is planned for this site, and the page will be updated periodically as new features are added.

I would suggest the inclusion of screenshots or a drawn overview of the race route, or at least a description of the area it is set. Vehicle type should also be specified I think.

Those are all on the request list. We just wanted you guys to get to exchange the maps. The extra stuff will follow soon!

It'd be great if the number of votes also appeared on the search results list. And even better if it affected the order of the results.

There's a great deal of difference between a map with 100 votes and a rating of 4.98 and a map that just got uploaded and the maker's buddy gave a fiver ;)

Or maybe, if it's easier at first, make the number of votes one of the details in the search area. Might encourage people to rate the maps more, too.

Great job! Some more requests:

• Modify your files
  • Number of downloads
  • Number of votes
  • Date added
  • Keep me logged in

Doesn't it have all of those things except number of downloads?

Nope, you can't order by date added and there's no option to keep yourself logged in, although I know that the latter is being worked on.

Hi im trying to play MTA SA. When I click MTA to try to play, nothing happends. As soon as I try to start mta the mta logo appears then i get a CD loading icon and then nothing happends after that. Please help!

Another thing I thought would be useful, is the number of added objects - would give some kind of an idea how modded the map is.

Of course, if anybody can be arsed, it could even have a list of which objects have been used, and how many times. Or just sorted into categories, i.e. "Fences, Walls - 24; Ramps - 10" etc.

And, if anybody is REALLY bored and/or masochistic, and there was a complete list of objects, they could also each have a small picture of the object as the visitor might not know what a particular object looks like ;)

And yeah, as said above, searching by date would be useful. Or just making the "latest maps" section extend to several pages. Then again, there's a good chance you're already working on that.

Ah, yes, and instead of "Awaiting 3 votes", perhaps it could also specify whether a map has 0, 1, or 2 votes, so you'd have a better idea of when a map might soon be "joining the club" ;)

Maybe only on the map's own page, but could also appear in the search results listing, if possible.

• myonlake changed the title to [News/Blog] MTA Center (24/01/2006 @ 21:38 CET) by Kent747
  • myonlake locked this topic