MTA:SA works fine exept for hard crash on vehicle switch

Guest Kramer

I have an orriginal English copy of SA running on windows sp2 . I had a problem in single player mode where I could play for as little as 5min or up to an hour and the game would crash but always as I was getting into a car. I managed to solve this problem by selecting my gta_sa .exe , then in properties control box , compatibility tab, modified it to open in windows 98/windows Me compatibility mode. This solved the problem for me and no more crashes and the game worked fine.

So as MTA:SA does not support the windows98 platform (even though I am on XP) my game quit as soon as I try to load. Then I unchecked compatibility mode selection and this time MTA loaded up fine. The game runs smooth ,(nice work MTA team :D ) but it still crashes now when I am placed into a new vehicle or maybe after 3 or maybe on the 5th one etc.

I don't know how many other people have had a crash problem like the one I described, but if there are many then the MTA team might want to include windows98/Me compatiblity in any update patch they release.

Or if anyone knows of any other way to fix my problem without using 98 mode then please let me know, thanks.

Yes i tried reinstaling GTA in same location and also on a drive not running windows , I have the latest nvidia drivers for my card installed correctly and have reinstaled MTA also. I have tried running GTA at the lowest possible settings but this makes no change, when its not crashing it runs fine with medium settings on.

The exact place at which the game crashes for me in single player is when the player has entered a car , shut the door and is about to turn on engine (when game displays vehicle name in hud) the game crashes before both the engine sound is played and the text displayed (but not each change, sometimes up to 7 car changes with no crash but no crash at any other time). Though as MTA:SA is only race mode only at the moment with no player actor on foot annimations, when playing MTA the game crashes at the start of a new race or when my vehicle is changed at the exact point where the game trys to play engine sound and display text :roll:

As I said in last post my copy of SanAn works fine in single player if I change exe compatibility mode. I completed the game with no crashes or other issues with some settings on high like draw distance and effects quality. My computer is not the latest hardware but it covers all the minimum requrements for GTA to run :?

• 1 month later...