else starts to hate DD?)

Furthermore I think most people would be too lazy to start a skip vote, as

it is a little more efford than just pressing F1 when a vote appears, so the

thing that the vote box appears only after some players started a skip

vote would have an effect imo. But at a skip vote again the votes of dead

players could be less weightily.

I mean, my solution is certainly not perfect :P but at least we all think

that something needs to be changed, so whats better than having as many

suggestions as possible.. Maybe combining some will give a suitable result.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to disable the abillity to vote for users who just joined the game ? Some people have this annoying habit to log in on a server, and start a vote immediatly. And if the result is NO, they start a new vote as soon as possible. I dont have to explain that this sucks when you're in a race.

My suggestion about this is that you only can start a vote when u played a minimum of 3(?) races on a server.

Sorry for my bad English

Is it possible to disable the abillity to vote for users who just joined the game ? Some people have this annoying habit to log in on a server, and start a vote immediatly. And if the result is NO, they start a new vote as soon as possible. I dont have to explain that this sucks when you're in a race.

Agreed thus far.

My suggestion about this is that you only can start a vote when u played a minimum of 3(?) races on a server.

Now, this is where I don't quite agree. Three races can be a lot (especially with longer races)!

In my opinion it would be better if you disabled starting a vote for a newly joined client, for say 1 or 2 minutes after he joins (Soldier Of Fortune 2 uses 1 minute). That way most lamers will be prevented from starting a vote immediately after they join, and normal players will be able to vote if they really need to as well, without having to needlessly wait for "3" races to finish (which could take 3 minutes with a lot of voting, or up to 30 minutes with longer races).

Sorry for my bad English

Don't worry, your English is fine ;)

I think if maps have prefix, it will be more useful and informative

For example:

Free Roam - fr_[map]

War / dogfight - df_[map]

Race - rc_[map]

Sorry for my bad English

I think if maps have prefix, it will be more useful and informative

For example:

Free Roam - fr_[map]

War / dogfight - df_[map]

Race - rc_[map]

Sorry for my bad English

That seems like a good idea, however.. MTA isn't really designed that way, currently.. As I understand it.. you can make ANY gametype, really. So unless the MTA redesigned prefixes each time a new game type is thought of.. then it's sort of useless

hiya I'm new on the forum (not on MTA)

just a couple of suggestions for future releases/updates...

1. a search feature; to search for players, servers, a particular map etc.

2. race statistics; let the server keep statistics about who won, how many times, what's the best time, how many times has somebody blow up etc.

3. show the number of players playing on a server; like "5th of 16" and when somebody dies it automatically gets on the last free space, let's say somebody blows his car at the beginning so he's now on 16th place instead of N/A, the next car to blow up will get on 15 and so on... there should be a difference between someone dieing at the beggining of the race and someone who dies at the end of the race when barely a few players were alive... you know what I mean? ;)

4. an undo/redo feature; I couldn't find one in the map editor... it would be very useful because you can delete a CP by accident for an example and it's a real pain to get it back... and the checkpoint reordening needs fixing... also is there a list of controls for the map editor? I recently found out what F2 does (it's a very useful button)... I looked in the read-me and couldn't find anything, or maybe I was looking in the wrong place...

that's it, if I'll find something that I think should be improved or added I'll let you know... :D

PS: sorry if any of these have been already mentioned...

A few minor things.

1. When I press TAB to see the player list could you add the server name and race name on there too?

2. When spectating could we see the checkpoints for that player please?

3. Could we make the voting keys, F1 and F2 redefinable? I use a joypad and have to lunge at the keyboard in the middle of a race!

I'd like to see the race's name in the middle of the screen before a race,

while the countdown is running... And maybe the map author's name too,

so he gets a little credit :)

And yeah, it should be possible to see the servers Name and IP/Port

after connecting :)

I'd like to see the race's name in the middle of the screen before a race,

while the countdown is running... And maybe the map author's name too,

so he gets a little credit :)

And yeah, it should be possible to see the servers Name and IP/Port

after connecting :)

That would be cool as hell. the author/s name and map title

for the server stuff, perhaps having commands?

such as

/server -- it would give name and IP/port

/map -- curent map

/nextmap -- next map in lineup (if there's no vote)

etc.

Basically like Half life does it.

It would also be useful for commands like

maps a -- would show you all the maps that begin with "A"

maps 1 -- would show you the first 25 maps ("page 1").. maps 2 would give you the next 25, etc.

Hiya. I've got quite a few suggestions for the next release of the race mod. I'm not sure if this is the right place for them, but here goes. Many of these may have already been suggested. In no particular order:

1) One of the biggest problems (imo) is the waiting for everyone else to finish, either when you die, or when you join. The way I see of addressing this is to allow map designers to classify their map as one of three (or more) types, specifically:

- freeroam: when you die, you respawn for free. When you join, you spawn and join in. Perhaps the designer can specify a time limit, so the map ends automatically after, say, 10 minutes, or let it go indefinitely until the players vote for a new map

- demo derby style: Each player is given a specified number of lives. When you die, you respawn, until you run out of lives. When you join, you start with the median number of lives of the other players

- race: the designer specifies some checkpoints as 'respawn' points, say, every 10th cp. these would have 4 or so spawnpoints on them, if you die after passing one of these, you respawn with a designer specified amount of health, say 50%. If you join late (or die before the first respawn point) you start at the beginning. True, you probably won't win, but at least you can have a go.

- dogfight? Not sure about this one, probably similar to demo derby.

2) More info in spectator mode. I'm guessing that checkpoints don't appear because it's too difficult, so I'm not too worried about that. But showing what position they are in and how many checkpoints they have passed would be nice.

3) Some sort of scoreboard (which can be toggled) during maps, that lists on the screen somewhere the top 10 (or whatever) players name, health, and number of cps passed, or the most health in a demo derby, or most kills in a dogfight, or whatever. Also, Display when other's finish. After 'x has won', show 'y has finished 2nd', 'z has finished 3rd', etc

4) As implied in the last one, acknowledgement when you kill someone. Again, I assume that if this were easy to do, it'd be in there already, but it'd be nice, especially in dogfights.

5) Let the map designers give a 'welcome message' to their race that shows up in big font at the start, along with the name of the map. This could be useful in non-standard races, in 'smugglers run' for examples, the hunters would get the message "Your goal is to shoot down the cars before they finish", while the cars get "Get to the finish without getting shot down by the choppers". This would help prevent the choppers shooting each other to some degree, and let people know what the point of the map is.

6) Possibly allow map designers to disable vehicle damage in races? Flipping and going into water would be a problem, I guess. Perhaps the 'get out of car' button could transport the player back to the last respawn checkpoint?

Also, on a fairly unrelated point, is it possible to give cars mods other than nitrous? ie, hydraulics, paint jobs, etc...

That's all I can think of for now. Obviously, if there's technical reasons why these aren't practical to add, don't worry about it. You've made a great mod already. Please don't take this post as me saying "It's terrible, there's all these things wrong with it", I'm just offering suggestions.

Cheers.

Ooh, I thought of one more. I'll stop for a while after this :)

How difficult would it be for servers to connect to center.mtavc.com, and at the end of each race, check if that race is on the site, and if so, upload the times. In the game you might get "You finished 'somemap' in 1:45.22, the 28th best time recorded". On the MTA centre site, the page for the map might have the top x times, something like "1st: Someguy completed this map in 1:38.41 on Someserver (123.456.789.012) on 3rd Feb 2006" or whatever.

I'm not sure how dificult this would be to implement, or how cheaters might affect it, but if it worked it'd be cool...

Triple post :/

I'd strongly suggest you read the forums a bit and search before posting your suggestions (this is advice to everyone, not just Bumnut).

Almost everything you suggest has been suggested already, recently too. The few fresh original ideas you DO have are at risk of being lost amongst the rest, who wants to read through a dozen suggestion posts to find the few original ideas?

Alrighty then. I posted in about 3 topics, and you've gone through and shot down almost all of them :oops: . Sorry bout that. You may have guessed I'm pretty new to this forums, the forums I'm used to don't have editability.

I'll try and be better in future...

3 small suggestions.

1) Goon-mode, i assume someone has already pointed this out. Police-vs-bad guys. Where the goons is shown on the radar only, not the cops.

2) Linux server, perhaps bundle the Apache xerces-c XML package? I assume the license of the package might prevent this. Since some newer gcc versions (4.0+) might have problems with compiling. (Though you can manually install the precompiled binaries for RHEL4)

3) As pointed out before; recording of race's. This would allow to eliminate playback some more during playback (perhaps with quadruplic splines?), though i assume this might add a litle complexity to the core. Should perhaps be client-side only.

Anyhow, thanks all the great work on this project. You guys made something incredible. :)

3) As pointed out before; recording of race's. This would allow to eliminate playback some more during playback (perhaps with quadruplic splines?), though i assume this might add a litle complexity to the core. Should perhaps be client-side only.

Well there is a function that wasnt included in release. You can see it used to record this:

http://misc.opencoding.net/mta/erorr404 ... flight.rar

It was removed as its a security issue and they wanted to get a release out. Maybe it will be put it r1.x if the deathmatch doesnt grab their attention too much (as its greatly demanded)

5. free cam in "dead-mode" - just like the one in the map editor only for races after you die...

6. key bindings?

7. a small race description when the race starts (for example: the police must catch the suspects.. etc)

EDIT: WOW ransom o.o' that video is incredible... what do you use to fly the hydra?

14)Add a Show Lan Servers Button or display first the lan servers on the server browser

I Totally agree with this one. i mean, think about it. you are at a lan party with hundreds or even thousands of people. and you decide to start a mtasa server. now how is everyone gonna know about your server if you can't see it on the server list, i mean, what are you gonna do, tell 100-1000 people the ip address of a server. seriously, you would have people asking ya "what was that IP again". and they would be asking ya left and right. then you would develop a tumor and die.

As we all know, all servers report to ase (all-seeing eye). at most lan parties, there is NO INTERNET. so somehow the mta team should come out with a way to see these lan servers in a separate window. i am sure you can make mtasa ping every computer on the network in a way so it will find every mtasa server on the network. this should be fixed at once, that way when i go to lan parties i don't have to broadcast an IP!!!!!

(why look at health when you're in a race, etc?)
becouse you would know how far you are from blowing up. and know you have to drive with more caughtion. and imagine destruction derby and dogfight maps. and seeing other player's health is allso usefull.

It is very useful indeed.