Not quite what I hopped for.

Do you like the current version of MTA SA?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the current version of MTA SA?

• I LOVE IT!
    • I like it, but is missing needed options\modes
    • I got bored of it after a few hours

No respawning kills the whole moment of the game. I do have to agree, all the races did suck, and were based on too much turning. What I find ironic on this race mod is that the non race maps are the only fun ones.

How many races of the 70 in the release package have you tried? There are races of every variety, some with more turns than others. Just because not all of the races are drag races as you would prefer, doesn't mean they suck. If you have tried all 70 races (and I'm sure you have, otherwise you wouldn't be able to make that claim) you would see that there really is every type of race you can make, from straight drag races to races with lot's of turns.

And respawning may be important but definately doesn't 'kill the whole moment of the game.' That is just rediculous, lol. It would be useful for free roam maps, but how many other online racing games are there where you can respawn after getting knocked out of a race?

I've played around 50-70, and the only ones I like are the non race maps like destruction derby, and break. I did play a few custom made maps, and found them to be a lot better than what MTA: SA came with, but thats just my opinion.

BTW MC3 lets you respawn after you wrecked your car, but that's not the point.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No respawning kills the whole moment of the game. I do have to agree, all the races did suck, and were based on too much turning. What I find ironic on this race mod is that the non race maps are the only fun ones.

How many races of the 70 in the release package have you tried? There are races of every variety, some with more turns than others. Just because not all of the races are drag races as you would prefer, doesn't mean they suck. If you have tried all 70 races (and I'm sure you have, otherwise you wouldn't be able to make that claim) you would see that there really is every type of race you can make, from straight drag races to races with lot's of turns.

And respawning may be important but definately doesn't 'kill the whole moment of the game.' That is just rediculous, lol. It would be useful for free roam maps, but how many other online racing games are there where you can respawn after getting knocked out of a race?

I've played around 50-70, and the only ones I like are the non race maps like destruction derby, and break. I did play a few custom made maps, and found them to be a lot better than what MTA: SA came with, but thats just my opinion.

Lol, course ya have. I guess that is just your opinion, but it is pretty irrational since again, there are races of virtually every variety in the mod, you would think that at least a couple of them would appeal to you unless you don't like races period.

Lol, course ya have. I guess that is just your opinion, but it is pretty irrational since again, there are races of virtually every variety in the mod, you would think that at least a couple of them would appeal to you unless you don't like races period.

So you know, I like races with some good turns curves, not sharp turns over 90 degrees. :wink:

Racing isn't all about turning IMO, there is a lot more to it. You can have some sharp turns, just don't make that part of every turn.

I have to agree with Ryan here. If you're dead you are dead.

In a deathmatch game with hydra's it would be worse to have to play the map till a time or kill limit instead of just dying once and having to wait, and for others its more a pain in the ass to wait till someone wins. And if you played the Hydra map (wich is supposed to be a skillz map wich majority of ppl doesnt want to do cuz they cant) you will notice a time or kill limit will take a lot longer then just waiting till only one survives, and same kinda applies for races aswell. If someone would be able to respawn they would bug the persons that drive very well constantly, especially in a circled race (going in cricles as in doing laps). ANd this happens a lot, some kids failing in the game and decide to go the other way and bump up to everyone, id rather not see these ppl constantly respawn and screw up my game.

This is a race, your comments obviously state you dont like races so then this is deifnitly not your game mode.

and you dont like corners? what kind of comment is that, I love corners, taking corners better then others corner after corner is a part of racing...

One thing that is kinda frustating for me is the term funmaps and race maps. I would want to pick a server on these too becuz obviously I dont really like most fun maps (blow the dam is great tho and ofc a few others aswell, i mean really funmaps as in a straight road in the air or even worse parts of roads high up in the air that make you crash all the time and crash over the finish line and stuff, alos like maps that take no skills at all, just being spawned up front or being lucky, no offence)

SO basicly what im trying to say is that they should have thought of not putting every map everyone makes automaticly under the gametype race and letting mapeditors decide between race or i dno fun or something. I know it all fits under race and that this is something I can easily avoid and also that you guys did a great job and everything, just something i had to say.

OK, all interesting comments.......

eAi - I understand some of the gameplay problems that may occur with respawning, but at the very least players should be able to respawn from the start if they die. They can just crash around or try to catch up, either way it is a lot more fun the waiting for some slow sunday drivers to complete the LONG WAY AROUND race! :shock:

No respawning at all was a bad idea and it only leads to one thing----

VOTING!!!

Races rarely finish, because after half the players die, someone is likely to start a vote to change or restart the race, and since those dead players would rather be PLAYING then waiting, guess what happens eAi?........

The vote is passed almost everytime, and the players who were still racing are pissed!! :? Even if it is the destruction derby map, which ends quicker, players often vote once they die! And I am one of those noobs who will gladdly vote YES (if dead), cause waiting sucks, especially when the 2 last players are just hiding from each other.

If I am a noob for hating the wait, then about 95 percent of the players are also noobs, as they are guilty of early voting too. :P

Sure, it could be made so that voting takes a higher percentage to pass, but that is NOT the option I, and many others would want. I am sure I speak for many when I say--- Let us at least respawn from the starting point!!!

It just sucks on those long maps when cars ram into you and flip you over due to laggy jitters, then you gota wait 10+ minutes twiddling your thumbs.

Next issue----The turns.

What is fun?

Getting 10 players together in MTA vice city and having an unscripted, no checkpoint race from the docks to the ammunation.

or--

Having a forced path laid out, with ugly checkpoint markers, and no choice at all in vehicles, with constant tight turns.

I look forward to the first TRUE free roam mode for my racing needs. I would much rather race unscripted and uncontrolled thank you very much. Much how I'd rather have unscripted free for all derbys in the bloodring as opposed to the insainly boring last man standing junk where once you die, you are out for a damn long time. It was just great in MTAVC getting ambulances, fire trucks, and whatever sick minded players could fit into that damn bloodring, and having an unscripted nonstop crash fest! There were even cars that respawned in there in the DM mode (version 3.2 or whatever it was) good times..........

The single player races were not that fun in SA, and I hate to see how the races online play out in the same boring\tedious ways.... While I do enjoy most of the races online, the constant tight turns no doubt annoy a lot of players besides me and njr. I am not asking for straightaways nonstop, but for gamers sake- there is more tight turns then gentle turns you can safely speed through. Sure, it takes great skill to win a turn race like that, but is it fun? There is a broad range of tracks, and players can make thier own, but then again, the servers I have been playing (good servers) do not run new maps, and the vast majoriety of races are nowhere near as fun as what I would really like to do, IF there was a working free roam, which currently is broken (no respawn)

And yes, when the most voted for, and loved track is not even a race track (d derby), I think that speaks volumes of what the mass really wants here. Having said all that, the race mode is still enjoyable, and the blue core is smoking hot!. It just really needs respawning, and new races (that good servers will actually run)

If respawning is allowed in the next version, servers that have the respawn option set to OFF will be empty servers....... I said that before, and I am saying it again so you FANBOYS get it through your head that no respawing completely and utterly sucks, and I am not affraid to tell the developers that. I am not here to make friends, I am here to add my input which can hopefully influence the project in some posotive way in the future.. :lol:

other things I'd love to see, but probably won't----

a monster truck car crush jump competition?

a nascar stadium (outdoor)?

a free for all large stunt park (outdoor) with loops, corkscrews, half pipes, you name it!

trailor attachments for semi trucks (working online)

Considered.......

lol

servers that would not run respawning (if it were an option) would be empty servers.

Consider that, before thinking respawning would somehow be a bad idea.

Or don't add it, I don't really care anymore as I am falling into that catagory of (I got bored of it after a few hours), yet that is not what I originally voted for.....

I am already ready for the DM mode, yet I know it is a looooong ways away yet. :cry: Really though, are some of you guys starting to get bored like me? There is not enough new maps out there and the few I did play, really sucked.

BLUE lived up to the hype as far as the performance is concerned--

the core is great

the menu is great

the stability is great

Heck the car synching is pretty darn good too (compared to previous versions and other GTA online mods)

Yet somehow this current version.... gets.... very.... boring after a few days of play, ya know? :?:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................

Considered.......

lol

servers that would not run respawning (if it were an option) would be empty servers.

Consider that, before thinking respawning would somehow be a bad idea.

Or don't add it, I don't really care anymore as I am falling into that catagory of (I got bored of it after a few hours), yet that is not what I originally voted for.....

I am already ready for the DM mode, yet I know it is a looooong ways away yet. :cry: Really though, are some of you guys starting to get bored like me? There is not enough new maps out there and the few I did play, really sucked.

Well, it's more the method of respawning that's being considered. Should players only be respawned in DM maps with no checkpoints? And if so, where? Or should they also spawn in race? But do they spawn at the start or at the last checkpoint they passed (if it's the latter, should they not be "punished" for dying?)?

Well, it's more the method of respawning that's being considered. Should players only be respawned in DM maps with no checkpoints? And if so, where? Or should they also spawn in race? But do they spawn at the start or at the last checkpoint they passed (if it's the latter, should they not be "punished" for dying?)?

All of the above, just give map authors control of the respawn options. Simple.

To answer your question: No I have not gotten tired of this release. Maybe it's because I'm hanging out with people on ventrilo and we're playing on the same server, cussing and threatening each other on comms. Maybe it's because I'm 16. I don't know. But I am truly enjoying the release.

In case you're wondering, I play in the [XE] server.

It would've been nice when we can heal the vehicles we drive in so that it doesn't explode eventually. I always hate to be carefull when driving a car.

You can, the map just needs repair pickups to repair your car

Then I wonder why most people dont just put those pickups in the map :o

yeh letting mappers control respawning etc is a good choice, but not complete imho, I think race (like I stated before kinda) should have more gametypes. For me the racing is very very fun so Id like to see this get bigger, ofcourse I like walking (DM) aswell but just saying that i would be cool to see more race gametypes in the future.

Most of these gametypes are already made ofc but (as in deathmatch, maps like hotroute etc) Id rather not see all maps have respawning since tbh I dont really like it and there are enough servers where ppl have the patience to wait till the race is finished and enough maps where not everyone dies all the time, I dno its just a bit odd dying and being respawned since you have lost anyway, Id rather like to observe the winners and see how they are doing instead of being in my own car nowhere not competing, maybe a ghost option but that too sounds kinda ridiculous.

Respawning should be made for walking and DM not for racing, or there should be races where cars donit get damaged, somewhere in between just is a weird hybrid race gamemode imho

yeh letting mappers control respawning etc is a good choice, but not complete imho, I think race (like I stated before kinda) should have more gametypes. For me the racing is very very fun so Id like to see this get bigger, ofcourse I like walking (DM) aswell but just saying that i would be cool to see more race gametypes in the future.

Most of these gametypes are already made ofc but (as in deathmatch, maps like hotroute etc) Id rather not see all maps have respawning since tbh I dont really like it and there are enough servers where ppl have the patience to wait till the race is finished and enough maps where not everyone dies all the time, I dno its just a bit odd dying and being respawned since you have lost anyway, Id rather like to observe the winners and see how they are doing instead of being in my own car nowhere not competing, maybe a ghost option but that too sounds kinda ridiculous.

Respawning should be made for walking and DM not for racing, or there should be races where cars donit get damaged, somewhere in between just is a weird hybrid race gamemode imho

Your opinion is very valid, but i think Respawning has become a necessesity as it could reduce vote map abuse, as well as a handful of other problems. Chrml said that respawning would be serverside (i THINK) so you could have some servers without respawning, or possibly specific maps which have no respawn.

I understand this and again I am not against respawning as serverside or map option.

I still think "fixing" a certain problem with something completly different isn't the way to do it. As in enabling respawning in a race mode because it might stop vote abuse.

If there is a problem with voting then fix the voting not respawning, how are you sure this would help at all from just a few opinions of ppl on this forum. The ppl that die still lose the race (in most of the cases) so how are you sure they wont vote because there is respawning?

Because of playing a lot of betas, Ive seen that trying to fix human behaviour with restrictions or changing the rules or gametype has worse effects (to playerbase and gameplay) on the game.

Of course this doesnt have anything to do with the problem at hand and I am sure that you guys know what you are doing and even if it (respawn) would make the gametype race a bit different ill live with it.

Respawn isn't being put in because of voting problems, it's being put in because it should have been there in the first place. I said as much before release, long before any of us knew how irritating the voting would become. The reasons? Read them elsewhere they've been discussed enough times.

Respawn isn't being put in because of voting problems, it's being put in because it should have been there in the first place. I said as much before release, long before any of us knew how irritating the voting would become. The reasons? Read them elsewhere they've been discussed enough times.

Yes, Bump is correct. Both respawning and voting will be addressed in a future release.

Yes, Bump is correct. Both respawning and voting will be addressed in a future release.