Is it possible to load 2 different types of mods on the same model?

Is it possible to load 2 different types of mods on the same model at the same time? So if one player has one mod loaded on the same model, and another player has another variation of the mod loaded on the same model, would that be possible?

Edited by ℓιgнт
  • Moderators

I meant you have to know which model do you want to load for the client.

You can store info about it in accountdata or where you want.

-- CLIENT SIDE
-- Load random model for the client at join

local randommodel = math.random(1,2)

if randommodel == 1 then -- type 1
    engineImportTXD(...)
    engineReplaceModel(...)

elseif randommodel == 2 then -- type 2
    engineImportTXD(...)
    engineReplaceModel(...)
end

Edited by stPatrick
15 minutes ago, stPatrick said:

I meant you have to know which model do you want to load for the client.

You can store info about it in accountdata or where you want.

-- CLIENT SIDE
-- Load random model for the client at join

local randommodel = math.random(1,2)

if randommodel == 1 then -- type 1
    engineImportTXD(...)
    engineReplaceModel(...)

elseif randommodel == 2 then -- type 2
    engineImportTXD(...)
    engineReplaceModel(...)
end

Yeah but how would I make it so that each client can see which mod the player is using on that model. For example say there's 2 Peds, how can I set 2 skin mods at the same time?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, ℓιgнт said:

Yeah but how would I make it so that each client can see which mod the player is using on that model. For example say there's 2 Peds, how can I set 2 skin mods at the same time?

Technical it is not possible.

The rule is: 1 model, per 1 model ID.

1. There is only one thing that can overrule the visualization in game without changing models and that is: `shaders`. Unless you find somebody who is a professional with shaders + willing to help you, it will remain an impossible.

2. Another approach I have seen before to create custom cars, is by attaching custom objects to the vehicle which look like vehicle components. That will require a good modeller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

Technical it is not possible.

The rule is: 1 model, per 1 model ID.

1. There is only one thing that can overrule the visualization in game without changing models and that is: `shaders`. Unless you find somebody who is a professional with shaders + willing to help you, it will remain an impossible.

2. Another approach I have seen before to create custom cars, is by attaching custom objects to the vehicle which look like vehicle components. That will require a good modeller.

Okay what about the CJ Ped, say if I use CJ, and replace textures for him only. The Ped will still have a CJ outline. However in servers like PUBG MTA they have already created such a feature. So how would they do that?

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, ℓιgнт said:

Okay what about the CJ Ped, say if I use CJ, and replace textures for him only. The Ped will still have a CJ outline. However in servers like PUBG MTA they have already created such a feature. So how would they do that?

One of the two points I noted before and most likely a combination of both. (You can attach objects as well to peds with bone attach resource)

• Like 2
  • Moderators
55 minutes ago, ℓιgнт said:

So you believe they are using textures and objects?

Most likely. Unless that person is really good with shaders and can do it without.

But I have never created a shader in my life, so I do not know their limits as well. (Which is of course also limited to the hardware, but textures and objects will work on 99%of the video cards unless they run out of vram.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For vehicles in MTA, the functions below exist, and some more:
https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Vehicle_component_manipulation
https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Vehicle_Components
https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/SetVehicleComponentVisible

For peds, I'm not sure man.
It'd involve mostly shaders like @IIYAMA said above, and a serious wide range skill set, as the same with vehicles.

• Like 1