[APRIL FOOLS] MTASA bought by SAMP

Woovie

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
12 hours ago, Tekken said:

Nice try! April fools! ;)

We originally wanted to announce it in a few days, but someone leaked the information.

For anyone saying "April fools": we do realize that the date this comes out is unfortunate, but we had no choice because it got leaked exactly today

1 minute ago, Dutchman101 said:

We originally wanted to announce it in a few days, but someone leaked the information.

For anyone saying "April fools": we do realize that the date this comes out is unfortunate, but we had no choice because it got leaked exactly today

Proof that you are right, let me see someone of SAMP's administrators saying that. 

I don't see any thing about it, p_1186imlj60.jpg

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
13 minutes ago, [T]|O|[P]George said:

Proof that you are right, let me see someone of SAMP's administrators saying that. 

SAMP team didn't agree/like our move to announce it earlier than planned, because as I said, we felt the need to hurry as a result of the information leak and speculations going wild. So I think they'll stick to their planned announcement schedule for that reason.

• Haha 3
Just now, Dutchman101 said:

SAMP team didn't agree/like our move to announce it earlier than planned, because as I said, we felt the need to hurry as a result of the information leak and speculations going wild. So I think they'll stick to their planned announcement schedule for that reason.

What prove that you are right. ?

1 hour ago, Jusonex said:

Unfortunately, I've to confirm that this is true. We originally wanted to create a post with all details and background information within the next few days, but since there seems to be so much irritation, I'll anticipate a part of the whole background. Expect another post in a few days though.

The problem is that contribution to MTA by open source contributors got stuck lately and the rest of the team isn't able to handle the remaining work alone. Also, we've recently run into financial troubles. Therefore, we - together with the SA:MP team - came to the conclusion that merging both mods makes more sense. Unfortunate for us, MTA is - measured against the player stats - the smaller mod so the merge has to be in favour of the SA:MP community. In addition, the SA:MP team kindly decided to help us out with some money to fix our financial problems (for legal reasons, we have to say they bought us).

Hence, the new mod will start with SA:MP's feature set, but we're hoping to integrate most of MTA's features within the next 2 years.

However the good news is that MTA's master servers will definitely not be switched off before July this year.

"financial problems". The only thing they pay is a web hosting : even a schoolboy can pay for it

11 hours ago, Element666 said:

I can tell that this is a joke for real. I've been checking samp news feed in their forums and yet I haven't seen anything related to the mta purchase.

Well, what gives it away the most is the fact that the title says "April Fools" and that Dutchman101 has posted that it in fact is...

• myonlake changed the title to [APRIL FOOLS] MTASA bought by SAMP
  • Jusonex locked this topic