Problem with ScrollablePane

JayDuce

Question

Hello.

Recently I got into MTA again and really wanted to play this russian FPP Battlegrounds server. But I have a big problem. After about 5 minutes into the game when I press menus button it just immedietaly freezes so much, that I can't even close it any other way than closing my whole computer. I was digging through MTADiag logs and I stumbled upon tremendous amount of errors with ScrollablePane (MTADiag link here! https://pastebin.mtasa.com/918261000) I really have no idea what should I do with it. Can you help me out ? I'd be thankful!

5 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
On 27/03/2019 at 23:13, JayDuce said:

errors with ScrollablePane

Those errors are meaningless debug warnings that have been around for years on all clients, so it's not related.

So if I understand it right, MTA freezes completely after playing on that server for a while? Are you talking about a complete game freeze, or heavy lagging/intermittent hangs?

On 27/03/2019 at 23:13, JayDuce said:

it just immedietaly freezes so much, that I can't even close it any other way than closing my whole computer

Does that mean Windows also becomes unresponsive, or is MTA just covering something so you cannot close it in a normal way? Because usually when MTA freezes, you can escape in various ways such as with task manager. If your whole PC locks up, then something else may be going on.

These instructions should work (unless that "something else" is going on, then it depends):

1) go to your MTA installation folder's root (where Multi Theft Auto.exe is located)

2) right-click and create a new text file, rename it to debug.txt

The presence of this file tells MTA it should crash when you hold left CTRL + right CTRL at the same time.

So now, when MTA freezes again, please hold that key combination and it crashes, generating a crashdump; take it from C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5\MTA\dumps\private and upload it to http://upload.mtasa.com, then provide the link in this topic.

Once we have the dump, we'll try to check why it froze, as this can often give clues about the reason.

@JayDuce