Is it worth it to create an unique server?

Simple0x47

Hello guys!

Since I've seen lots of servers are opening with the same gamemodes and then closing after x time, do you guys think that is it worth it to create an unique server nowadays in MTA:SA beside the fact people tend to play something they are used to?

Thanks for your time,

Simple0x47.

• Like 2
On 23/03/2019 at 23:27, Simple0x47 said:

Hello guys!

Since I've seen lots of servers are opening with the same gamemodes and then closing after x time, do you guys think that is it worth it to create an unique server nowadays in MTA:SA beside the fact people tend to play something they are used to?

Thanks for your time,

Simple0x47.

yeah

I am running SAAW WW2 which is pretty much one of the most unique servers that exist and the player count is pretty trash since release 2016. 
Reason is that there are many players but they all play CIT / PUBG and other RPG servers that have a huge 24/7 online count.
Depending on what you want to do, it might fail. Team Deathmatch is something that obviously no one wants.

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Einheit-101 said:

I am running SAAW WW2 which is pretty much one of the most unique servers that exist and the player count is pretty trash since release 2016. 
Reason is that there are many players but they all play CIT / PUBG and other RPG servers that have a huge 24/7 online count.
Depending on what you want to do, it might fail. Team Deathmatch is something that obviously no one wants.

I'm gonna try to get something done so I get a final answer to my question. Between your server is a great one maybe with some advertisement and skins system you could bring to your server hundreds of players.

8 hours ago, Simple0x47 said:

I'm gonna try to get something done so I get a final answer to my question. Between your server is a great one maybe with some advertisement and skins system you could bring to your server hundreds of players.

I got stoned one time and had a though about creating an unique server which works like GTA5 Online. Basically you create missions that include characters from the San Andreas story-mode and continue the storyline or make it happen before the events of SA (with characters like Smoke and Ryder alive) Another feature that I would add to the server is heists, customized skins, vehicles, tuning, a leveling system and all that cool stuff. If you like my idea we could work on something similar as I'm a very good designer and I could help you with the visuals, UI and such.

Reply and tell me what you think about it.

creating unique gamemode is better and it get drag player's intention also but the problem is some players don't usually join new gamemodes or servers ,and second thing is there is a top20 list optional to get 50+ players daily for 20 days so usually members are not interest to create unique modes they just spending money on top 20 list to drag players in there server !

3 hours ago, swag_k_dog said:

I got stoned one time and had a though about creating an unique server which works like GTA5 Online. Basically you create missions that include characters from the San Andreas story-mode and continue the storyline or make it happen before the events of SA (with characters like Smoke and Ryder alive) Another feature that I would add to the server is heists, customized skins, vehicles, tuning, a leveling system and all that cool stuff. If you like my idea we could work on something similar as I'm a very good designer and I could help you with the visuals, UI and such.

Reply and tell me what you think about it.

I've had in mind an expansion of the storyline of GTA:SA a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure about it.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bit late to the party but oh well.

I would say the community is at the point where so much has been built that it is futile to be making new scripts entirely from scratch. There are so many great server bases to build from, like GTW, UCD (shameless plug), GTI/IGC, all the RP servers (although the RP bases have been really overdone). Strip back the features and little nuances you don't want, and you're left with really solid frameworks that can be adapted as you wish.

Once you're at that bare metal, then you can build all those unique ideas to your heart's content. Saving yourself a lot of hassle and leveraging years of hard work by truly talented developers.

• 5 months later...