DestroyElement issue

• Moderators

If something doesn't exist anymore, then there is nothing to leave from.

In fact it will only cause more problems for the onClientMouseLeave event. An event can't just trigger without it's source.

I use it to check if localplayers cursor is inside gui, i add event to mouse enter, and setup variable to true, and on mouseleave change the variable to false, but if the cursor is inside gui, and the gui get destroyed, the event isnt triggered, any other way to do it different to this?

Im using if variable then variable = false end

Before destroying the gui

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, xDxD said:

I use it to check if localplayers cursor is inside gui, i add event to mouse enter, and setup variable to true, and on mouseleave change the variable to false, but if the cursor is inside gui, and the gui get destroyed, the event isnt triggered, any other way to do it different to this?

Set variable to false before destroyElement is fine.

Edited by stPatrick
  • Moderators
21 minutes ago, xDxD said:

Instead of true save the gui element you entered. Then you can compare it to the destroyed element later.