MTA has no sound and GTA Single Player freezes

Rubberband Earl

Question

Hello there everyone, I'm new around here, I have this problem with MTA, it's muted, and GTA Single Player freezes on the main menu when I select to load a game or start a new game.

I used the MTADiag and it gives me this link https://pastebin.mtasa.com/360871423, thank you in advance for helping and checking my problem out

14 answers to this question

I reinstalled GTA San Andreas first and I started it up after it, the game worked but when I reinstalled MTA, I still had it muted and the Single Player froze again when I tried loading a game file or start a new game, and the only thing I can do to get ANY response from my PC is to restart it

14 hours ago, Rubberband Earl said:

I reinstalled GTA San Andreas first and I started it up after it, the game worked but when I reinstalled MTA, I still had it muted and the Single Player froze again when I tried loading a game file or start a new game, and the only thing I can do to get ANY response from my PC is to restart it

Are you using headphones? If you are, try not inserting them, reinstall GTA again, then try install MTA in a separate destination then reboot your PC but DO not insert your headphones. Give the game a run and see if it works, if you have issues after you plug your headphones in it could be a driver issue. Try the following below, worth a try. If none of the following work, I could try suggest a few more but we'll just have to wait for the mods/admins to read through your MTAdiag to diagnose the issue. I've tried finding the issue and it looks like it's from here:

1. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. timings.log:
  3. Can't access D:\jocuri instalate\MTA\timings.log
  5. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  6. bench.log:
  7. Can't access D:\jocuri instalate\MTA\mods\deathmatch\resources\benchmark\output\bench.log
  9. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  10. report.log:
  12. 7411: 2019-01-10 20:15:08 [9.16068.3.000 6.2(10.0)] [00084-10756] - CClientGame::SetFileCacheRoot - Is shared 'D:\jocuri instalate\MTA\mods\deathmatch'
  13. 6211: 2019-01-10 20:16:42 [9.16068.3.000 6.2(10.0)] [00084-10756] - WaitForSingleObject timed out with 00000364 and 4000ms
  14. 7110: 2019-01-10 21:32:35 [9.16068.3.000 6.2(10.0)] [00084-10756] - Game - COMMAND_Disconnect
  15. 7045: 2019-01-10 21:32:38 [9.16068.3.000 6.2(10.0)] [00084-10756] - Disconnect from 217.114.197.177:22003 []
  16. 7101: 2019-01-10 21:32:58 [9.16068.3.000 6.2(10.0)] [00084-10756] - Core - Quit
  17. 7104: 2019-01-10 21:33:02 [9.16068.3.000 6.2(10.0)] [00084] - Loader - Finishing
  18. 8070: 2019-01-10 21:33:02 [9.16068.3.000 6.2(10.0)] [00084] - CheckService 5 result: 1
  19. 1044: 2019-01-10 21:33:02 [9.16068.3.000 6.2(10.0)] [00084] - * End (0x0)* pid:84
  20. 6404: 2019-01-10 21:33:02 [] [01392] - [app64] Client gone
  21. 6405: 2019-01-10 21:33:02 [] [01392] - [app64] Stopping
  23. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may want to try identify whether timings.log and bench.log exist, make sure you're showing system files in the file settings. If they're there, try delete them and let MTA re-create them itself. Otherwise continue reading below, as I've noticed you had headphones inserted whilst you run the diagnostic. And it could more or less be a sound issue.

I have a few options you could try to get it working,

1) Have you got any sound mods? If yes, remove them all.

2) Did you re-install MTA in another directory or the same one? If it's the same one, try install MTA in another directory rather than the one you used.

3) Have you updated all of your drivers (mainly your sound driver)? If not, try diagnose sound issues first then try manually updating : - 

- Press and hold the windows key and press X, release both at the same time; (This is to open quick navigation)

- From the menu, select "Device Manager", navigate through to find "Sound, Video and Game Controllers";

- Right click each item and select "Update Driver", it'll then prompt you to an interface, proceed to "Search automatically for updated driver software"

- If it finds an update, do try updating and tell us your outcome.

4) Have you got the latest DirectX driver? (https://download.microsoft.com/download/5/F/F/5FF1D7F6-C5FA-4D89-91FE-0A259056F97E/DirectX_11_Technology_Update_US.zip - Direct download) or Visit the download page and do it manually.

5) Try uninstalling MTA and remove ALL files related in the installation path and then install it in another drive rather than your C drive. (Be sure to backup your important files first).

Let me know if you have any updates regarding the solution or if it still did not work.

Edited by Ab-47
2 hours ago, Rubberband Earl said:

Thanks for taking a moment from your time to help me out with this, I will try to do the stuff you told me about right now, I'll keep you updated with the end results, also, MTA is installed in another directory, in Drive D, don't know why it shows that it's in C

No no, it does show as D drive I never saw that. You could try re-install it into the C drive maybe the D drive has some restrictions? 

Update, I uninstalled both games, I then instaleld GTA San Andreas, started it up, it worked mighty fine, no problems, I wait a bit to see if something changes these days, nothing, I proceed to install MTA, I start MTA, connect to a random server, no sound at all, I disconnect and exit the game, I start up GTA San Andreas, load game, it froze and I have to restart the PC

17 hours ago, Rubberband Earl said:

Update, I uninstalled both games, I then instaleld GTA San Andreas, started it up, it worked mighty fine, no problems, I wait a bit to see if something changes these days, nothing, I proceed to install MTA, I start MTA, connect to a random server, no sound at all, I disconnect and exit the game, I start up GTA San Andreas, load game, it froze and I have to restart the PC

I really don't know what the issue could be.. Have you tried double checking to see if MTA is allowed through your firewall or if windows defender sees it as a threat? Or another antivirus program interfering? 

After all you've tried I believe the issue relates to access (Can't access D:\jocuri instalate\MTA\mods\deathmatch\resources\benchmark\output\bench.log) for example.. 

It is allowed man, it just seems that whatever the issue is, it's from MTA most likely, because if I uninstall MTA and reinstall GTA San Andreas it works nice again! Another strange thing is that I do select for every setting and files to be deleted so nothing remains from both games, yet MTA still has the configuration with Space being jump and usually it should've been space run you know what I mean? Even San Andreas has the save files even tho I did select to uninstall EVERYTHING

On 16/03/2019 at 20:55, Rubberband Earl said:

It is allowed man, it just seems that whatever the issue is, it's from MTA most likely, because if I uninstall MTA and reinstall GTA San Andreas it works nice again! Another strange thing is that I do select for every setting and files to be deleted so nothing remains from both games, yet MTA still has the configuration with Space being jump and usually it should've been space run you know what I mean? Even San Andreas has the save files even tho I did select to uninstall EVERYTHING

Honestly I don't know what the issue could be, so I'm sorry. Don't give up yet, try do the following: 

• Delete the gta_sa.set file located in the GTA San Andreas User Files in your Documents folder.
  • Check in your GTA San Andreas installation directory for a D3D9.dll. If one is present, delete it.

Then install MTA SA's latest version without starting up GTA SA. Then install the latest patch: https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/?mtasa-1.5-rc-latest

After all of that, try run MTA SA and click "Host Server", just enter your own local server to see if you could actually load the game without issues. If that works, try join a server preferably without mods or such, or if you could launch your local server through MTA / Server / MTA Server application and join your server in the locals tab. 

Let me know your findings/outcome of this, if you're able to join a local server fine, if you're able to connect to a random server etc. I'll keep on looking for solutions to help you.  

Another Update, I uninstalled GTA San Andreas and installed it again, as intstructed, I did not start the game up, I went to Documents and deleted the gta_sa.set file, I also checked in my installation folder and I did not find D3D9.dll. I then installed MTA and immediately after it I installed the latest patch, after that I started MTA and clicked on Host Server, it had no sound after it loaded fully, I exit MTA then open up GTA San Andreas to see if it would freeze again, to my surprise, it didn't freeze this time and runs nice, so MTA is still muted

13 hours ago, Rubberband Earl said:

Another Update, I uninstalled GTA San Andreas and installed it again, as intstructed, I did not start the game up, I went to Documents and deleted the gta_sa.set file, I also checked in my installation folder and I did not find D3D9.dll. I then installed MTA and immediately after it I installed the latest patch, after that I started MTA and clicked on Host Server, it had no sound after it loaded fully, I exit MTA then open up GTA San Andreas to see if it would freeze again, to my surprise, it didn't freeze this time and runs nice, so MTA is still muted

Well at-least you're getting somewhere now. Does MTA run fluently as-well, just without sound? Just double check that your sound drivers are updated and your sound is enabled in MTA settings > Audio tab.

On 18/03/2019 at 14:21, Rubberband Earl said:

ANOTHER UPDATE, apparently, if I unplug the headphones WHILE I am on a server on MTA, I have sound for the game, if I plug in the headphones again, the sound still comes from the monitor I have

I did mention above to remove your headphones lol, but anyways, I guess you have your sound/devices default as your monitor.

Open your control panel > click "Hardware and Sound" > click "Sound" > a box should appear, try select the device you want to use to output your sound and click on "Set Default".

Maybe that would help, maybe your default device is set to the wrong thing. If that doesn't work, right click your sound icon and click "Troubleshoot sound problems" and run the troubleshooter, it should fix your issue. If after changing your default device and your sound doesn't work, try reboot your PC and it should be fine.