mta timed out

TheThe

Question

hi , since something like 2 months ago , i have a problem that every 20-30min i am getting timed out during i am playing Clan Wars , i dont have something wrong in the folder and i dont know how to fix it , when i am getting timed out It shows me: disconnected: connection to the server was lost.

and i can back to the servers after few seconds.

9 answers to this question

it could be that the server you're connecting to has either host issues or inefficient scripts using up too much of the servers CPU, if you're not experiencing the same issues on other servers, then it's not you. The best thing you could do is talk to the developers/staff of that server and let them know of the issue.

On 12/03/2019 at 02:58, Ab-47 said:

it could be that the server you're connecting to has either host issues or inefficient scripts using up too much of the servers CPU, if you're not experiencing the same issues on other servers, then it's not you. The best thing you could do is talk to the developers/staff of that server and let them know of the issue.

its not about my internet or the server , its Happens for me in the whole mta servers.. i dont know how to fix it , so what to do? 

9 hours ago, TheThe said:

its not about my internet or the server , its Happens for me in the whole mta servers.. i dont know how to fix it , so what to do? 

Then you haven't explained your situation clear enough because lag can either be from you or the server, if it's neither where would the lag come from? :o 

You mentioned above, 

On 10/03/2019 at 18:45, TheThe said:

hi , since something like 2 months ago , i have a problem that every 20-30min i am getting timed out during i am playing Clan Wars , i dont have something wrong in the folder and i dont know how to fix it , when i am getting timed out It shows me: disconnected: connection to the server was lost.

and i can back to the servers after few seconds.

That it's on this one server.

Then karts asked: 

On 11/03/2019 at 01:24, karts said:

Maybe you have some troubles in your internet provider? Do you have same problem in other games and servers?

And you replied: 

On 11/03/2019 at 10:08, TheThe said:

no..and no

So if you're not having issues yourself and you're not having issues with "other" servers, then where do you think the issue is? Right. Read my post again:

On 12/03/2019 at 00:58, Ab-47 said:

I'm talking about the "server" you're connecting to, nothing to do with you or your connection.

9 hours ago, Ab-47 said:

Then you haven't explained your situation clear enough because lag can either be from you or the server, if it's neither where would the lag come from? :o 

You mentioned above, 

That it's on this one server.

Then karts asked: 

And you replied: 

So if you're not having issues yourself and you're not having issues with "other" servers, then where do you think the issue is? Right. Read my post again:

I'm talking about the "server" you're connecting to, nothing to do with you or your connection.

yes but i said its not only 1 server , its whole mta servers , whole..but do you know aobut this problem or no?

14 hours ago, TheThe said:

yes but i said its not only 1 server , its whole mta servers , whole..but do you know aobut this problem or no?

Oh okay, now you've made that clear it's not just one specific server, it's your internet.

I remember a while back allot of people had issues to do with connection timeouts even whilst their internet had quite a good speed, and that was because they were using a router to boost their WiFi signals through a modem. Do you have a setup as such? Router connected to modem?

13 hours ago, Ab-47 said:

Oh okay, now you've made that clear it's not just one specific server, it's your internet.

I remember a while back allot of people had issues to do with connection timeouts even whilst their internet had quite a good speed, and that was because they were using a router to boost their WiFi signals through a modem. Do you have a setup as such? Router connected to modem?

Yes I have a router but my internet is good and there are no problems so its weird..do you have a tips what to do?

18 hours ago, TheThe said:

Yes I have a router but my internet is good and there are no problems so its weird..do you have a tips what to do?

Well to test if the issue is actually there, try playing directly through your modem rather than the router and see for yourself.

I'm not sure if there's a way around this as it's nothing to do with the configuration, rather the gateway between the 2 devices causing the jitter which is enough to take you offline for a few seconds. 

Maybe do a little google search to see if other gamers had this issue, I'm guessing your best bet would be to buy a better router lol

Edited by Ab-47