A few problems

Hey guys i've just downloaded your first RC and i've noticed some problems.

1) The game won't alt+tab. You have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and get into task manager then right click it and choose minimize and if you don't do it fast enough it still takes over the screen on top of task manager. Try and fix this in the next release.

2) First time I used the server browser it loaded up the list of servers but didn't get the names or the playercount and every server said timeout. I clicked refresh and it got the names and I went on a server, after that I can't get it to load the names & playercount or connect to any servers again. Try and make the serverlist more responsive.

3) Map editor doesn't have correct controls, pressing A or D will actually turn the view instead of sidestepping it :!: I'm suprised that bug didn't get found during your testing because I don't think the arrow keys will move the editor at all?

Ah well, good work on this release and I can't wait for the deathmatch release.

1) The game won't alt+tab. You have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and get into task manager then right click it and choose minimize and if you don't do it fast enough it still takes over the screen on top of task manager. Try and fix this in the next release.

Its not a problem, it was added so people couldn't minimize the game, and avoid getting shot or sumat, i think they had something to keep the game running when u minimized it, but it caused problems :?

3) Map editor doesn't have correct controls, pressing A or D will actually turn the view instead of sidestepping it :!: I'm suprised that bug didn't get found during your testing because I don't think the arrow keys will move the editor at all?

I'm sure they know, and this is how its supposed to be :roll:

Hey guys i've just downloaded your first RC and i've noticed some problems.

This was deliberate because unlike, MTA 0.5 which runs as a separate program, MTA:SA runs as a DLL injected in the game. When you minimise / alt+tab, the game pauses automatically, as does MTA:SA. This means that when you maximise again, you get hit with a lot of packets at once, which at the very best causes strange results and the worst causes a crash.

Believe me, the QA team brought up every little thing possible. Some were postponed for a later release though.

Mm thats interesting that the game pauses when you alt+tab, could you incorperate the code for running the game windowed into your DLL please? As for the game pausing there is a memory address you can set that stops it from pausing when alt+tabbed, seeing as how you guys have direct hook on the engine it shouldn't be too hard to implement but hey you guys are the pro's and maybe im wrong.